Description?

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,158
Reaction score
8
Points
38
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,158
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.
What "pastor" was that?  Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,158
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.
What "pastor" was that?  Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.
I believe it was Sam Davison - it was a few years ago.  Not associated with any one church???  I thought it was a part of the ministry of that church?  Like I said, I don't know much about it.
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.
What "pastor" was that?  Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.
I believe it was Sam Davison - it was a few years ago.  Not associated with any one church???  I thought it was a part of the ministry of that church?  Like I said, I don't know much about it.
Sam Davison stepped down from being the Pastor of Southwest Baptist 2 years ago and turned it over to Jason Gaddis.  Sam Davison did remain as the president of Heatland but they claim no one church affiliation.  They are not like OBC, located less than 2 miles up the road from them, which is a direct ministry of Windsor Hills Baptist Church.

Of course SWBC is loaded with Sunday School teachers who are students at Heartland as well as bus workers who are also Hearland students.  As welll as the balcony at SWBC is full every service with the Heartland college kids.    go figure
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,158
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.
That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.
What "pastor" was that?  Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.
I believe it was Sam Davison - it was a few years ago.  Not associated with any one church???  I thought it was a part of the ministry of that church?  Like I said, I don't know much about it.
Sam Davison stepped down from being the Pastor of Southwest Baptist 2 years ago and turned it over to Jason Gaddis.  Sam Davison did remain as the president of Heatland but they claim no one church affiliation.  They are not like OBC, located less than 2 miles up the road from them, which is a direct ministry of Windsor Hills Baptist Church.

Of course SWBC is loaded with Sunday School teachers who are students at Heartland as well as bus workers who are also Hearland students.  As welll as the balcony at SWBC is full every service with the Heartland college kids.    go figure
But no affiliation?  Interesting.  Maybe Mr. Davison didn't like Bro. Hyles promotion of numbers, but it sounds like he is duplicating the number factory.

So, who is in charge of the college?  How would it relate to old school HAC?
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,158
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Just me said:
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.
Soooo.......  Very similar to what I would be accustomed to?  Interesting.
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.
Soooo.......  Very similar to what I would be accustomed to?  Interesting.
Well then it's settled.  Send your kids.
 

Vandal

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
48
The Church I got saved in (Liberty Baptist Church, Lewisville Tx) is affiliated with Heartland. Heartland is where they send their preacher boys.
 
J

jarhed

Guest
Well, let me clear the air.  Anyone at Heartland will tell you that they are a ministry of SWBC.  That is first.  Second:  There is NO LIKENESS with HAC.  The "girls" don't sing the praises of the "MAN-A-GAWD,"  there is no perversion on staff, and the teaching of preaching is centered around STUDY and EXPOSITION, rather than "now put your Bibles down and listen to me!"  Men are not lifted up...the LORD is lifted up.  The rules are not ridiculous, rather, they are practical.  I am very pleased with the growth of my daughter at Heartland, the attitude and professionalism of the staff, and the love they have for the students.

BTW:  The school up the road is basically the same cult it has always been...a crude copy of HAC, predicated on lies (JV) and mind control, ripped by sex scandals, and a destroyer of people and families.  You are right when you say that OBC and HBBC are NOTHING like each other.
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Go to the following link on Heatlands official web site.

http://www.heartlandbaptist.edu/626589.ihtml

At the bottom of the page it says this:

Approvals                                                                             

Heartland Baptist Bible College seeks no national or regional accreditation, but seeks only God’s approval. The college chooses to be accredited by the pastors and churches that support the college and other who are part of the “Friends of Heartland,” which is a loose affiliation of pastors, missionaries, evangelists, and other individuals, who by choice, share a common interest in accomplishing the purposes of Heartland Baptist Bible College.

Heartland is an independent educational institution, not governed by any convention or religious movement or fellowship, and the college chooses to remain independent of any governmental or quasi-governmental controls and approvals.



Although I agree Heatland is deeply tied to Southwest Baptist Church.  Heartland does not acknowledge that association.  It claims independence.
 

JustABigKid

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
446
Reaction score
2
Points
18
jarhed said:
Well, let me clear the air.  Anyone at Heartland will tell you that they are a ministry of SWBC.  That is first.  Second:  There is NO LIKENESS with HAC.  The "girls" don't sing the praises of the "MAN-A-GAWD,"  there is no perversion on staff, and the teaching of preaching is centered around STUDY and EXPOSITION, rather than "now put your Bibles down and listen to me!"  Men are not lifted up...the LORD is lifted up.  The rules are not ridiculous, rather, they are practical.  I am very pleased with the growth of my daughter at Heartland, the attitude and professionalism of the staff, and the love they have for the students.

BTW:  The school up the road is basically the same cult it has always been...a crude copy of HAC, predicated on lies (JV) and mind control, ripped by sex scandals, and a destroyer of people and families.  You are right when you say that OBC and HBBC are NOTHING like each other.
Curious to know exactly what you are talking about with the red highlighted part of the comment?
 
J

jarhed

Guest
Really...did you just arrive on planet Earth?  The "culture" at HBC = that of WHBC.  That is well established.  Both places have also sent their predators forth, whenever possible, to prey on other sheep.  Unfortunately for him, JS is now prey, rather than predator...but rest assured, if not for the bars of iron, he would be "leading" a flock somewhere! 
 

JustABigKid

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
446
Reaction score
2
Points
18
jarhed said:
Really...did you just arrive on planet Earth?  The "culture" at HBC = that of WHBC.  That is well established.  Both places have also sent their predators forth, whenever possible, to prey on other sheep.  Unfortunately for him, JS is now prey, rather than predator...but rest assured, if not for the bars of iron, he would be "leading" a flock somewhere!
I know that the "culture" is the same. I lived in it for quite a while. The question on the sex scandal is what I was wondering about. I have heard of problems but no sex scandals have come up unless you would like to enlighten us. I don't disagree with you on how they have hurt so many.
 
J

jarhed

Guest
I'll get you started in the right direction...research they're past music leaders.
 

16KJV11

Active member
Doctor
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
5,190
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Just me said:
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.
JustABigKid said:
jarhed said:
Well, let me clear the air.  Anyone at Heartland will tell you that they are a ministry of SWBC.  That is first.  Second:  There is NO LIKENESS with HAC.  The "girls" don't sing the praises of the "MAN-A-GAWD,"  there is no perversion on staff, and the teaching of preaching is centered around STUDY and EXPOSITION, rather than "now put your Bibles down and listen to me!"  Men are not lifted up...the LORD is lifted up.  The rules are not ridiculous, rather, they are practical.  I am very pleased with the growth of my daughter at Heartland, the attitude and professionalism of the staff, and the love they have for the students.

BTW:  The school up the road is basically the same cult it has always been...a crude copy of HAC, predicated on lies (JV) and mind control, ripped by sex scandals, and a destroyer of people and families.  You are right when you say that OBC and HBBC are NOTHING like each other.
Curious to know exactly what you are talking about with the red highlighted part of the comment?
One man's cult is another man's paradise! :D
 

Just me

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
jarhed said:
I'll get you started in the right direction...research they're past music leaders.
Well they have had the same music leader now for around 30 years. So that would be difficult.

So, jarhed, you put the accusation out there.  Back it up. Although I doubt you can.
 
E

eastsideyouthpastor

Guest
Heartland Baptist Bible College is NOT associated with FBC of Hammond. It is really not associated with any church. Sam Davison, the president of the school, is the Pastor Emeritus of Southwest Baptist Church (SW OKC). Students have the liberty to choose which church they want to attend. Roughly 70% of the full-time students attend SWBC because it is close and there are plenty of opportunities to serve. Sam Davison and Jason Gaddis (the current Pastor) DO NOT persuade the students to attend at SWBC. There are plenty of great churches in the area.

Second, the "rule book" is not a law book. It is just a set of guidelines that every student agrees to follow.

The focus is on the Word of God preached in its context in an expository format. The Homiletics classes are phenomenal. This school really expresses its love of God's Word. The staff are all strong leaders that have the same vision. I stand up to anyone who would speak ill of any of them.

I love Heartland Baptist Bible College and I believe it is the premier Bible College in America as far as preaching goes.

-A 2011 HBBC Graduate
 
Top