Did Jesus Visit England?

Haha. But seriously, it is amazing stuff I know I once learned and can’t pull up from memory now. I used to have the presidents memorized in order…can’t pull that off now without mixing someone up.
Wait until you hit my age! At 61 years old, I can't remember half of the stuff I knew back 30 to 35 years ago. I have to admit, the other day I accidentally called my wife by my ex-fiance's name. UGH! That really went over well! LOL I used to be able to tell one every make and model of American car from the 1940s to the 1980s...Can't do that now.

Agree

Right. It seems to me that they did reject the monarchy; they are more or less mascots anymore.

I agree that our two party system is a train wreck but I don't think adding more parties is the answer, especially when parties are as clear cut as you have posited. In reality there are as many parties as there are voters. This is why partisan politics is such a failure. Truthfully, we won't know effective or just government until Christ comes and sets up a true theocracy.
Our system of government is designed to support a two-party system. It’s dang near impossible to get another party on the ballot, but Democrats and Republicans are automatically on every one. And for the record, I think we’d be vastly better off with a system that allows multiple voting options instead of the same two.

Can't seem to get a feel if Charles is well liked or not. I suspect the average English citizen never fully got over him cheating on their beloved Diana.
I don't think Charles is overly popular, nor is he particularly despised. The Queen endeared herself to the people thanks to a long reign marked by integrity, good character, faith, and leadership. She was a public figure as a teenager and became queen at 25. Charles, by contrast, is now 74. He was 3 when he became Prince of Wales, so he's spent his entire life as second banana.

Elizabeth was a mechanic during WW2, and William saw combat in the MIddle East. Charles also served in the Navy, but during peacetime. That's hardly his fault.

I once saw a message online from a guy who said he knew Charles personally, who said he was more conservative in his private life than his public persona. (Apart from his environmentalism and religious pluralism, I guess.)

Time will tell how he's viewed. I suspect that history will regard him as a decent monarch, but unremarkable.

Right. It seems to me that they did reject the monarchy; they are more or less mascots anymore.
There’s a widespread belief that the monarchy is today nothing but a figurehead. Compared to the pre-Magna Carta and English Bill of Rights days, this is indeed true. However, the King still has a lot of power, especially due to his influence and wealth. Some of the powers are a little wacky, but some are very real.