Ding Dong

Yes Pastor Vineyard  passed but I'm not sure i would celebrate ( displays poor Christianity )He belongs to the Lord let the Lord do with it as he pleases

Mixed feelings; when I first heard him preach, I was impressed with the man, but knowing more about him now, I'm not sure how to take this.

Walt said:
Mixed feelings; when I first heard him preach, I was impressed with the man, but knowing more about him now, I'm not sure how to take this.

Well JAV would say that when ever negative things happen in other peoples lives (never his own) it was always because of sin and God's judgement on them

JAV had met his maker, lets let his maker decide whats best

There is so much wrong with me i dont have / didnt have/ wont have the time to worry about JAV. Ill remember the good and am thankful for what he took the time to teach me. That is NOT an endorsement on EVERYTHING he did and it is definitely not an endorsement of his son and how his missteps were swept under the rug.

IF we say we are a Christians and continue to taunt or roast the family while they are grieving are we not much different that westboro baptist church ?

JAV deserves the ridicule he'll receive.

We are supposed to call out evil doers among the Brethren, and this is what he was.

You have no idea if he is regenerated...certainly his fruit was corrupt!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Just me said:
lol!!

We all reap what we sow

Then all more reason to maintain our dignity ?

If you celebrate his death and revel in all his errors are you really any better than him ?

Im not claiming he was right everytime, part of the time, or some of the time. I was close enough to see the hurt that was caused but if i dose the same treatment he gave right back at him and his family i certainly could not say i took the "high road"

Jim Vineyard was proud of his "counseling techniques" where he verbally sexually abused ladies and men of all ages.  He always said "I am blunt in my counselling!"

Jim Vineyard was proud of his abusive treatment of staff members and church members alike.  He always said "If you can take it you can make it!"

Jim Vineyard was proud to run off church members who disagreed with him. He always said, "Some people look better going then they do coming!"

I could go on but I wont except to say all the things we see wrong with WHBC/OBC/JAV were badges of honor to him.

As for the "high road", I do not believe sticking my head in the sand is that road.

But he is dead and gone now which I see as an excellent thing for Okc

Caleb Garraway paid his respects to  Jim Vineyard as did Michael Shaver. Vineyard did hold grudges for a long time but hopefully he forgave Bro. Ross's grandson Jesse for leaving the flock.

Wow, nothing like a bowl full of bitterness "just me".  I hope it digests well (it usually doesn't) ;)

Gunlover said:
Wow, nothing like a bowl full of bitterness "just me".  I hope it digests well (it usually doesn't) ;)

The truth is a hard pill for some to swallow, but it is still the truth.  ;) ;)

The legacies of Hyles and Vineyard live on.  Vineyard was only 77? I thought he was older, closer to Hyles age.

The legacy of the Vineyards and Jack Hyles will long last while the legacies of false teachers Craig Groeschel/Steven Furtick/Perry Noble/Carl Lentz/Mark Driscol/Heath Mooneyham will fade like the wind.