Does Anybody Remember When The "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan)...

Wisdoms Friend said:
How does the OP have anything to do with the creepiness of purity rings?  Start another thread on that topic if it gets you that worked up.

Yeah someone start a purity ring thread so I can find out why I am creepy.  ???

What's so creepy about Hymen?  That's Mr. Munster's name, ain't it? 

The Rogue Tomato said:
What's so creepy about Hymen?  That's Mr. Munster's name, ain't it?

Only if you are from Joisy.

subllibrm said:
Well, I gave my daughters purity rings and know many friends who did likewise and never heard anything like what he described as the reason or rationale. Severe extrapolation that exposed his own bias is what I saw in his baseless accusations.

These quotes aren't working well or my eyes are messing up but to respond I went back and Ironwill actually said giving a purity ring is creepy. He didn't say the person who does it is himself, is creepy. That's what I read.
No doubt it can be given with a pure heart, it's unlikely you'll find anyone that will dispute that. And my guess is no one linked to you creepiness if they have any familiarity with your posts.
I'd not heard of them until the FFF's and they seem linked to those invovled in Sexual Cults like Hyles. Those that get oogled and push the same sexual abuse onto their kids (open toed shoes so toes are now perverted, etc) so that can put a blemish on something that may otherwise be benign. My fear if i had a daughter is that it would be advertising her purity which may attract those wishing to violate the most innocent ones. But I have no backing for that.

I wonder why are these purity rings given only to females...

So do teen boys get purity watches?  :)

Bruh said:
So do teen boys get purity watches?  :)

After his "Manhood Ceremony", he is given either a purity ring or a purity sword, I guess...

The Manhood Ceremony
We believe that manhood is passed from the masculine to the masculine, and because the defining line between childhood and manhood is often indistinguishable in our world, we wanted to show our sons a clear line they can cross to enter into manhood. We chose to mark their step into manhood at the age of twelve--the same age Jesus first questioned rabbis and discussed the Scriptures in His Father's house--with a celebration called Brave Heart of a Warrior. The purpose of this celebration is to mark in time, to raise a monument, that testifies that our sons have crossed a threshold that separates boyhood from manhood.

The Presentation of Symbols
As a part of teaching our sons who they are as men, we selected a few symbols of a warrior to give to them during the manhood celebration. I asked my mentors and friends to be apart of this ceremony and share with our oldest son lessons they had learned and wanted to pass down to him through symbols and story. One of the symbols with our son that his mother and I presented him with was a purity ring. As with our daughters, we want our sons to guard their hearts and walk in purity and call them to live in wholeness and strength in mind, body, and spirit. We call them to protect young women's hearts by living lives of integrity, purpose, and purity. And this ring is to remind him to honor God at all costs.

Another symbol we presented him with was the sword. At that time the immense sword was almost his height. I explained to him that although he could not wage war right now with this imposing sword, he would grow into the weight of the sword just as he would grow into the weight of manhood. We sensed the incredible privilege and responsibility we have to stand courageously as mighty warriors of God calling our sons to "fight the good fight" (1 Tim. 1:18) for the sake of the cross.

https://generationsoflight.com/html/boys.html

Why do I get the feeling that if this guy wanted to be something like a nurse or stay-at-home daddy, he would get loads of grief?

Ransom said:
Frag said:
Totally out of line.  Reported to moderator.  Throw this pervert off of here.

You appear to be operating under a different definition of "pervert" not yet discovered by mankind.

I don't necessarily agree with Dunkard, but I fail to see anything "perverted" in his comments.

A little graphic, maybe - so tone it down, Dunkard.
BTW: Dunkard is a sock. I banned the sock poster 2 days ago.

FSSL said:

Thnx!

Now I just have to figure out why giving my daughters purity rings was creepy.  ;)

subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

Thnx!

Now I just have to figure out why giving my daughters purity rings was creepy.  ;)

Imagine...a father who wants his daughters to remain sexually pure until marriage!
What is the world coming to?!

[quote author=subllibrm ]

Thnx!

[/quote] Because it is
The end  :)

Biker said:

Thnx!

Because it is

[/quote]

There you have it...from someone who's right less often than a stopped clock!  ;)

Biker said:

Thnx!

Because it is

[/quote]

Would you prefer I cuddle with them on the couch?

Well I did that too.

subllibrm said:
Biker said:

Thnx!

Because it is

Would you prefer I cuddle with them on the couch?

Well I did that too.
[/quote] Well there you gone done it now !  8) :eek:

FSSL said:

Sure. I was aware of that, but to my knowledge he wasn't posting using both IDs at the time.

(For the record, in case anyone's curious, my moderator superpowers allow me to modify posts or threads, but not the membership list. I can't ban you, but I can still yell at you. ;) )

Ransom said:
FSSL said:

Sure. I was aware of that, but to my knowledge he wasn't posting using both IDs at the time.

(For the record, in case anyone's curious, my moderator superpowers allow me to modify posts or threads, but not the membership list. I can't ban you, but I can still yell at you. ;) )

Speaking of creepy!

;D

rsc2a said:
Why do I get the feeling that if this guy wanted to be something like a nurse or stay-at-home daddy, he would get loads of grief?

Any man that wants to be a stay at home daddy should get loads of grief!!!!

TarheelBaptist said:
There you have it...from someone who's right less often than a stopped clock!  ;)
ha ha ha so funny I forgot to laugh