Does God ONLY have good thoughts toward us?

T

TruthBearer

"October 19, 2014

Dear Pastors:

BANK 2 CEO, ROSS HILL, A FRIEND OF OURS SINCE THE EARLY 1970s, SPOKE THIS AM AT OUR CHURCH.

A YOUNG LADY TO WHOM I SHOWED KINDNESS TO HER MOM A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, CAME WITH HER MOM AND THREE SIBLINGS, PROFESSED FAITH IN THE LORD AND FOLLOWED HIM IN BELIEVERS BAPTISM. YOU WILL SEE HER PHOTO IN OUR BAPTISTRY JUST BEFORE SHE WAS BAPTIZED.

ANOTHER YOUNG LADY WHOM ATTORNEY WARREN PLUNK AND I VISITED THURSDAY AFTERNOON CAME WITH HER FATHER AND SHE PROFESSED FAITH IN THE LORD.

GOD IS GOOD, AND ALL OF HIS THOUGHTS TOWARD US ONLY ARE OF GOOD(emphasis added). PRAISE HIS NAME.

NOW, FOR AN ARTICLE WRITTEN BY OUR FRIEND CAROLINE GLICK:..."

Jimbo thinks all of God's thoughts are only good toward him. It is always good when someone gets saved and that is something to rejoice in, but I think he goes to far thinking that God only has good thoughts towards anyone.

TruthBearer said:
"October 19, 2014

Dear Pastors:

BANK 2 CEO, ROSS HILL, A FRIEND OF OURS SINCE THE EARLY 1970s, SPOKE THIS AM AT OUR CHURCH.

A YOUNG LADY TO WHOM I SHOWED KINDNESS TO HER MOM A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, CAME WITH HER MOM AND THREE SIBLINGS, PROFESSED FAITH IN THE LORD AND FOLLOWED HIM IN BELIEVERS BAPTISM. YOU WILL SEE HER PHOTO IN OUR BAPTISTRY JUST BEFORE SHE WAS BAPTIZED.

ANOTHER YOUNG LADY WHOM ATTORNEY WARREN PLUNK AND I VISITED THURSDAY AFTERNOON CAME WITH HER FATHER AND SHE PROFESSED FAITH IN THE LORD.

GOD IS GOOD, AND ALL OF HIS THOUGHTS TOWARD US ONLY ARE OF GOOD(emphasis added). PRAISE HIS NAME.

NOW, FOR AN ARTICLE WRITTEN BY OUR FRIEND CAROLINE GLICK:..."

Jimbo thinks all of God's thoughts are only good toward him. It is always good when someone gets saved and that is something to rejoice in, but I think he goes to far thinking that God only has good thoughts towards anyone.

Jimbo is just showing forth his true inner desire to be like Joel Osteen

The whole point of this letter was to drop a couple of names, period.  :eek:

Now, to your question (assuming it was asked with a hope for serious discussion). I believe that God's thoughts toward His children are always good thoughts. If I read and understand my Bible correctly, God sees us through the imputed righteousness of His Son, Jesus Christ.

"Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin." Romans 4:7,8

I believe that God's thoughts toward us are the same as they are toward His Son. His thoughts toward us are precious (Ps. 139:17; Ps. 115:12).

I don't claim to understand it, but I believe it is so. Even when God has to chasten us, He does so because He loves us. Even then His thoughts toward us are good. 

Just my...
twocents.gif

There are numerous versus in the Bible that state God's thoughts for us are of peace and that he wants the best for us, like any good Father would want for their children.

When it comes to being chastised it could be looked at as His thoughts are still good towards us but he has to correct us for our own good, (smack us back in line). I do believe that it grieves God when he has to do this to his children.

There are also  times when God abhors and is angry with his children. "And when the Lord saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters." Deut 32:19

When we are disobedient, defiant, rebellious, etc and provoke God to anger; what happens next does not always seem like he has good thoughts toward us if we refuse to listen to his admonishments.

On another note: Jimbo doesn't have the hair to be a Joel Olsteen.

True that on the hair but his theology is starting to line up with Osteen!!

TruthBearer said:
There are also  times when God abhors and is angry with his children. "And when the Lord saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters." Deut 32:19

When we are disobedient, defiant, rebellious, etc and provoke God to anger; what happens next does not always seem like he has good thoughts toward us if we refuse to listen to his admonishments.

I am not a hyper-dispensationalist by any means, but I thank God that He looks at His children now (after Calvary) through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament they came face-to-face with the justice of God. In the New Testament instead of facing the wrath of God we now have the buffer zone of grace.

This of course is just my opinion based upon how I see it in the Word of God. 

Citadel of Truth said:
TruthBearer said:

I am not a hyper-dispensationalist by any means, but I thank God that He looks at His children now (after Calvary) through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament they came face-to-face with the justice of God. In the New Testament instead of facing the wrath of God we now have the buffer zone of grace.

This of course is just my opinion based upon how I see it in the Word of God.

Knowing how I am I am thankful for the Calvary filter too.