Does taking a cruise revoke my fundy card, or...

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
is it just another form of my hypocrisy?  :p

Should I play the slots?  Gambling is alright, right?

Maybe have an Long Island Iced Tea?  For my stomach's sake of course. <ahem>

Mixed swim? <gasp>

What happens in the Carribean, stays in the Carribean, eh?  :D

Okay, in all seriousness, any folk on the FFF like to take ocean cruises?  Where to?  Tell me bout your favorite excursion(s) and memories.

I think the most extensive cruiser is DrBob and I don't think he comes here.  We have been on one cruise and that was 25 years ago, so you can tell what we thought of it  ;D  We were living in Puerto Rico and chose a cruise that sailed to South America with numerous island stops on the way.  We enjoyed our time together and the tours of each island, but cruises just are not something my husband enjoys.  For some reason, paying to be on a ship went against his grain.  He sailed merchant marine and then was in the Navy 23 years.  :p 

Where are you thinking of going?  If you are taking Alayboy, what about a Disney cruise?  http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Hey, it's a new experience. Just think - a whole boatload of total strangers you can discuss some sports star's virginity with, just before telling them it's none of their business.

Never been on a cruise. Not that I object or anything, I just can't afford it. A good one would probably be very enjoyable. I don't worry about my Fundy Card, I don't have one. I'm Episcopalutheran now.

JrChurch said:
I think the most extensive cruiser is DrBob and I don't think he comes here.  We have been on one cruise and that was 25 years ago, so you can tell what we thought of it  ;D  We were living in Puerto Rico and chose a cruise that sailed to South America with numerous island stops on the way.  We enjoyed our time together and the tours of each island, but cruises just are not something my husband enjoys.  For some reason, paying to be on a ship went against his grain.  He sailed merchant marine and then was in the Navy 23 years.  :p 

I miss Dr Bob (never thought I'd find myself saying *that* ;)).

We took a tour of the USS North Carolina recently.  They had done a great job conveying what those men's day to day life was like.  The bunks looked so close that even a non-claustrophic would freak out trying to sleep stacked like sardines.  Good on your hubby for his service.

JrChurch said:
Where are you thinking of going?  If you are taking Alayboy, what about a Disney cruise?  http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

We want to structure this more in the vein of an anniversary celebration.  In addition to that, their cost is unstinkingbelievable.  I think we're going to do Disney on land next year, which I'm sure he'll absolutely love.  What we *may* do with this anniversary cruise is come back afterward and make a one day trip to one of the Disney <water> parks.  That will be something he won't forget.  The ship we are taking has an onboard waterpark though, and we'll be out to see for 6 days, so I'm not sure the of the logic of coming back to shore only to get more water-logged. <grin>

Web said:
why do some people seem consumed with the approval and validation of other prople?  Lack of confidence?  Insecurity?  Low T?

What's a "prople"??? 

Friends don't let friends drink and type.

Web said:
The question is still valid.  I'm pretty sure you were smart enough to figure out the intent.

Pretty sure...

I quickly surmised three things.... that you still love to be just as contentious and/or ornery as I am,.... that with such rank 10-cent psychology that you don't have one iota of a clue about what makes me tick.....and that rather than adding anything of substance you still like to go for the bait.

If memory serves correct, you're down in prime cruising country, and probably know people who have given you stories, if not cruised yourself, but you'd rather snipe.  Typical.

Web said:
Your OP is typical ALay, just to stir the pot while later pretending to want information on cruises.  Why can't you just ask about cruising without make your typical "freebird" commentary?

I know it may be difficult for you to process two simultaneous concepts, but the OP was twofold, a commentary (shot across the bow of freebirds) and a secondly a light-hearted request for info from cruisers.  A person could bite off whichever topic of conversation they may choose.  You chose to be combative.  No surprise here.  I'm good for either sort of conversation.

WEB said:
Me, I couldn't care less what anyone thought about what I do or don't do, or whether I will lose my freebird card, etc. 

The fact that you think that I do care continues to show how little you understand me.

WEB said:
Cruises are as individual as the people taking them.  Some want a very structured environment where they are told when they are eating, with whom and at what table.  Others want to come and go as they please.  Some like off-ship excursions, others don't.  Some like the Caribbean, some like Alaska.  The point is, what do YOU want to do?  And no one cares about validating your fundy card. 

Our first cruise was a short one in the Bahamas, and involved very few excursions.  We're thinking about doing a Western Carribean this time with intents on doing the Mayan ruins (before Dec 21 2012 ya know :D) and some snorkeling/beaches.

WEB said:
Frankly, unless you are going on a gospel cruise that has 100% of the passengers, you are going to see alot of flesh, and alot of boozing.  If that's a temptation for you, and from your past posts it sounds like it would be, then maybe you should reconsider. 

Booze is a problem for me? 

Seems like a little <false> accusing the brethren going on here, but again, I'm not surprised considering the source.