Does your church have a common translation?

Walt said:
Yes, the pastor preaches from the KJV, and that' what's in the pews as well.  All Sunday School lessons and kids programs use the KJV.

Now, what people use at home... that's not enforced.

Interesting verbiage.

Walt said:

And we can imagine the fun if it was.

*knock knock*
"Who is it?"
"It's Deacon Bubba, here for a Bible check."
"Oh crap! Mabel, it's the thought police! Quick, flush the NIVs down the toilet!"

Though, more likely, a simple "Get lost" would suffice.

T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Yes, the pastor preaches from the KJV, and that' what's in the pews as well.  All Sunday School lessons and kids programs use the KJV.

Interesting verbiage.

Very interesting verbiage.

ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:

Interesting verbiage.

One has to wonder if it's "enforced" at the church? What happens if someone brings their NASB or NIV with them from home?

:)

KJV

Is there any other?

:D ;D :p

Twisted said:
Walt said:

And why not?

Next you'll be saying there is no control over what they watch on TV.

We don't; only influence.  ;)

T-Bone said:
Walt said:

Interesting verbiage.

Isn't it though -- I have been in too many churches that seem to want to control people's lives.  We are a KJV church and we don't hide it. It's the version preached from, taught from, and memorized.  There are plenty of churches using other versions. No one is ever asked what they use at home, and visitors can bring whatever version they like.

HeDied4U said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:

Interesting verbiage.

One has to wonder if it's "enforced" at the church? What happens if someone brings their NASB or NIV with them from home?

They can bring whatever Bible they wish -- but teachers agree to teach from the KJV.  If a teacher violates the agreement he signed, he'll lose his position.

My dad, a 2nd grade SS teacher for years, was in a special meeting called by the pastor to make sure all teachers were using the KJV. The pastor was instituting a new policy.

When he asked my dad what version he used, my dad said the "DGP" version. The pastor asked, "what is that one?"

My dad replied, "My initials. I interpret the Bible so my kids can understand it."

Tradition can undermine a proper understanding of Scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt said:
HeDied4U said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:

Interesting verbiage.

They can bring whatever Bible they wish -- but teachers agree to teach from the KJV.  If a teacher violates the agreement he signed, he'll lose his position.

Okay, that makes sense.

From 1971-1992 IFB Churches    KJV ONLY
From 1992-2000 Various denoms Different versions, including the hippie bible
From 2000-2005 SBC NASB, KJV, ESV, NIV
From 2006-2016 NO CHURCHES unless it was to visit
From June 2016 to present SBC-Holman (but I still use my KJV and NASB)

No.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk