DON'T DO THAT!

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to log on to the Forum.  I love the Forum.  It is my life!  But when the page came up it said the Forum was being moved!  I couldn’t log on!  What do I do now?  I became so distraught!

Then….the doorbell rang.  In despair I opened the door to find Girl Scouts selling cookies.  I bought 50 boxes.  After eating 2 boxes of Thin Mints (that name is a lie as I gained weight eating those!) I tried again to log on the Forum.  I COULDN’T DO IT!  What do I do now?

As I sat in the shadows, the doorbell rang again.  I opened to find 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses.  I invited them in and told them my plight.  They had prayer with me.  They were so kind.  I took their literature and promised I would be at their next meeting.  I then went to my computer to get on the Forum, but… I COULDN’T DO IT!

Sitting quietly by my PC, I began to sob.  Then the phone rang.  It was a nice man telling me my Facebook account had an issue and that for me to get back on they needed to verify my information.  He asked me for my name, birth date, social security number and information on all my credit cards.  He was so nice when he took down all my personal information – but when we hung up I then realized that I DON’T HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!!

My desperation was getting the best of me when the doorbell rang again.  Standing there were 2 Mormons telling me they wanted to do proxy baptisms for my dead loved ones.  I don’t know why, but I gave them all my family information going back 100 years.  They were so nice.  I then gave them a $100 love offering.  Feeling slightly better I went to log on the Forum but again… I COULDN’T DO IT!

Later that night I was feeling pretty low.  The Forum was gone.  The Forum was being moved.  Who would do such a thing?  Then, my wife came in and told me that I spend too much time on the computer.  She said it was either her or the computer!

It took several hours to pack her things and afterwards I was too exhausted to do anything.  I feel asleep at my keyboard, waiting for that wondrous moment when the Forum would be back.

The next morning I awoke to the doorbell.  I opened the door to find a nice man from Nigeria.  He thanked me for responding to his email and for cashing that check he sent me.  And as promised he handed me a briefcase with $100,000 in it!  FINALY SOMETHING GOOD WAS HAPPENING!

Feeling my luck was changing, I leapt to my PC and WOW!  I was able to log on the Forum!  It was back!  I was back!  Life is good again!

So…whoever moved the Forum, you really caused a few problems for me.  If you ever get the itch to take the Forum down again…DON’T DO THAT!

You're a hoot!!

You're the forum "Cable Guy" LOL!

I think you should title your last post "Fresh Oil".  :)

Now, if only you win the Publishers' Clearing House Sweepstakes............