Don't want to attend Bible study? You're fired.

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/30/employer-fired-him-because-stopped-attending-bible-study-lawsuit.html

An Oregon man has filed a lawsuit seeking more than $750,000, claiming his employer fired him for refusing to attend weekly Christian Bible studies.

The plaintiiff, Ryan Coleman, 34, a convicted felon and half-Native American, said the Albany, Ore.-based construction company, Dahled Up Construction, did not require its workers to attend weekly Bible studies until a month after he was hired as a painter, the Oregonian reported this week.

Joel Dahl, the company?s owner and founder, insisted his employees attend the studies as a condition of continuing employment, the lawsuit claims.

HeDied4U said:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/30/employer-fired-him-because-stopped-attending-bible-study-lawsuit.html

An Oregon man has filed a lawsuit seeking more than $750,000, claiming his employer fired him for refusing to attend weekly Christian Bible studies.

The plaintiiff, Ryan Coleman, 34, a convicted felon and half-Native American, said the Albany, Ore.-based construction company, Dahled Up Construction, did not require its workers to attend weekly Bible studies until a month after he was hired as a painter, the Oregonian reported this week.

Joel Dahl, the company?s owner and founder, insisted his employees attend the studies as a condition of continuing employment, the lawsuit claims.

I have to agree with the plaintiff on this one but I would also disagree with his lawyer. I don't think even a church should force any one to attend a Bible Study. 

Does he require him to attend "Bible Study" because he is "convicted felon?"  Kind of like, you can keep your job if you attend "anger management" or "sensitivity training?"

When I saw "Oregon" I knew this contractor has no chance.

I've not heard of anything like this from a secular employer. I've heard of men in a Salvation Army program being required to attend chapel as a condition of participation in the program. For that reason, the Salvation Army purposely separated this program from programs that receive government funds.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
When I saw "Oregon" I knew this contractor has no chance.
This was my first thought.
Second was, I bet it was conditional, due to his record...
Thirdly, As a contractor in the biz, I doubt he was an employee... probably paid as a subcontractor, which would be a whole different scenario.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk