Dorm fire yrs ago

Gladstone

Elect
Reaction score
As a student on Malone, I always wondered why the dorms were maker p-202, p-312, p-114, etc. someone said in passing one time that the dorm used to be called prophet?s. Anyone know the history behind the fire?

It was before my time but every now and then Bro. Hyles would reminisce about him coming out the next time he "preached on chapel," and started everybody singing, "Everything's All Right in My Father's House," and they sang and sang and sang it.... over and over.

Gladstone said:
Anyone know the history behind the fire?

I was there, and it seems to me that my friend Joe Gahring lived in that room.  Something about a microwave.  Mostly smoke damage.  Nothing else.

I believe the fire was in 1980 or 1981.  The dorm was called the Prophet's Dorm.  I believe Rt70 is correct about the starting point.  There was quite a bit of smoke damage as well as water damage.

Raider,

Were microwaves allowed in the men's dorms when you were there?

They were not in the ladies....

RAIDER said:
I believe the fire was in 1980 or 1981.  The dorm was called the Prophet's Dorm.  I believe Rt70 is correct about the starting point.  There was quite a bit of smoke damage as well as water damage.
I used to look at the guest book in the speakers waiting room and the pages that were open on that day were darkened from the smoke. 

I thought we heard that "Prophets Dorm basically burnt to the ground..."

Teri in NC said:
Raider,

Were microwaves allowed in the men's dorms when you were there?

They were not in the ladies....
They weren't invented yet....

prophet runs away

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk