Dropping the H-Bomb

It is a word sometimes overused, but the parameters could be better set by someone other than a couple of finger-wagging heretics...

Reformed Guy said:
It is a word sometimes overused, but the parameters could be better set by someone other than a couple of finger-wagging heretics...

:D

Many years ago, I read The Christian in Complete Armour by Puritan William Gurnall.  I found it interesting that he refused to address the issue of predestination (Calvinism) because he said doing so serves no purpose other than to create divisions.  Puritans had their roots in Calvinism, I believe.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Many years ago, I read The Christian in Complete Armour by Puritan William Gurnall.  I found it interesting that he refused to address the issue of predestination (Calvinism) because he said doing so serves no purpose other than to create divisions.  Puritans had their roots in Calvinism, I believe.
Because of the set-up of the U.K., the Scottish Presbyterians ended up in the Anglican Church, under James 1, I believe.
Anyway, between them, and the Dutch Baptists, there you have your Puritans with Calvinist Theology.