Drugs

ItchyUranium

Elect
Reaction score
Who thinks that taking recreational drugs is a sin and why? Also who thinks it would be a good idea to end drug prohibition or to ease up on drugs laws (mandatory minimums, excessive force used to bust druggies, amount of money we spend on the war on drugs...etc). Looking forward to a great discussion  :)

ItchyUranium said:
Who thinks that taking recreational drugs is a sin and why? Also who thinks it would be a good idea to end drug prohibition or to ease up on drugs laws (mandatory minimums, excessive force used to bust druggies, amount of money we spend on the war on drugs...etc). Looking forward to a great discussion  :)

First question: Possibly.

Second question: Absolutely.

1. It depends what drug you're talking about.

2. No. Drug pushers are the scum of the earth. They murder, rape, and terrorize anyone that gets in their way.

1) Sin, yep....."be ye sober". ;)

2) Legalize drugs, nope.  I'm libertarian-ish, but not stupid. :D

1. Maybe

2. Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ItchyUranium said:
ahh first winos for Christ now Stoners for Jesus,,, gotta love the new 666

I would be for ending the war on drugs, instead tax the drugs if there is a way,like marijuana.

True story, I know someone who was suffering with MS, only relieve was thru marijuana. This person who is a christian asked the church elders for anointing and to be prayed over. They did, that person no longer has MS.
That was about 13 yrs ago.

4everfsu said:
I would be for ending the war on drugs, instead tax the drugs if there is a way,like marijuana.

True story, I know someone who was suffering with MS, only relieve was thru marijuana. This person who is a christian asked the church elders for anointing and to be prayed over. They did, that person no longer has MS.
That was about 13 yrs ago.

Well, so much for cessationism.

1. In general, yes,

2. I'm in favor of legalizing most drugs. I think the Drug War does more harm than the drugs themselves could ever do.

1. Not sin, excess. A waste of time.  Unwise.
2. Yes.  Not legalize, undo the unconstitutional ban on plants.  If everyone can legally grow their own, the market will take care of itself. 
Recreational drugs arent the only use of those plants.  The Creator gave us medicines, man has no right to ban them.
Anishinaabe

JrChurch said:
kaba said:
1. Yes
2. No

You state it so well  :D

My answers are not going to change anyones thinking, so just short and sweet answers and to the point :)
And any opposite of mine, aren't going to change my opinions !:) Aleshanee does a good job explaining....99.9  percent of the time I agree with her, so I should always wait for her to answer and then say ditto!!:)

Living in south Florida where drugs are not going away... I ditto what kaba  says and aleshanee says it the best

The problem now is not recreational drugs that's an old thing anymore.  "Everyone uses them" - not me or most or all of you don't.  The real problem is the prescription drugs.  My very best friend just lost her 49 year old brother to overdose of prescription drugs about a month ago.  He was given a legal prescription for 112 oxycotin, 30 xanax and something else, by a physician.  This was on a Thursday.  By Friday afternoon he was dead.  Why in the world would a doctor give that much powerful medication and not think this guy would do something like that!!!  When they found him late in the afternoon all 3 bottles were empty.  172 pills taken in less than 24 hours of given the prescription.  No one questioned why he took that powerful of a medication - especially all 3.  That is the new "drug" now.  Marijuana is the old drug, you can get that anywhere, cocaine and meth is still dangerous, but when you can go to a licensed doctor and say I hurt and they give you 112 oxycotin and 30 xanax and your insurance pays for it, that's the latest high, and selling it on the street is even better, you can get good bucks for that. 

Still There said:
The problem now is not recreational drugs that's an old thing anymore.  "Everyone uses them" - not me or most or all of you don't.  The real problem is the prescription drugs.  My very best friend just lost her 49 year old brother to overdose of prescription drugs about a month ago.  He was given a legal prescription for 112 oxycotin, 30 xanax and something else, by a physician.  This was on a Thursday.  By Friday afternoon he was dead.  Why in the world would a doctor give that much powerful medication and not think this guy would do something like that!!!  When they found him late in the afternoon all 3 bottles were empty.  172 pills taken in less than 24 hours of given the prescription.  No one questioned why he took that powerful of a medication - especially all 3.  That is the new "drug" now.  Marijuana is the old drug, you can get that anywhere, cocaine and meth is still dangerous, but when you can go to a licensed doctor and say I hurt and they give you 112 oxycotin and 30 xanax and your insurance pays for it, that's the latest high, and selling it on the street is even better, you can get good bucks for that.

30 Xanax alone will kill you.  You don't need the other drugs. 

But the problem there was suicide, not the drugs.  I have to assume it was either suicide or extreme idiocy.  Nobody takes 30 Xanax (not to mention the other drugs) to get high. 

Many years ago, my doctor prescribed Xanax for me.  He told me I could take up to 6 in one day.  I didn't realize he meant spread out over the day, so I took 6 at once.  I didn't get high.  I slept for 20 hours. 

1. "Recreational" use is sin. "Medicinal" use would not be. Of course this opens the question up to many substances that while having a legitimate use could be abused.

2. The war on drugs has been a total failure. The worry about violence and crime is overblown IMO. Most of the violent crime is related to "business" of the drug market (prohibition created the same issues; i.e. Al Capone). Take away the market and those parts of the crime equation drop significantly. When was the last time you heard of a gangland shooting over micro-brewery turf?

Note that anything prohibited will find a place on the black market. Guns, drugs, alcohol, sex and so on. If someone wants it, someone else will find a way to provide it for a price.

subllibrm said:
Note that anything prohibited will find a place on the black market. Guns, drugs, alcohol, sex and so on. If someone wants it, someone else will find a way to provide it for a price.

Very true.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Still There said:

30 Xanax alone will kill you.  You don't need the other drugs. 

But the problem there was suicide, not the drugs.  I have to assume it was either suicide or extreme idiocy.  Nobody takes 30 Xanax (not to mention the other drugs) to get high. 

Many years ago, my doctor prescribed Xanax for me.  He told me I could take up to 6 in one day.  I didn't realize he meant spread out over the day, so I took 6 at once.  I didn't get high.  I slept for 20 hours.

I don't mean to laugh, but didn't you read the label?? :eek:  They believe it wasn't intentional because he's been on this medication for so long that they think his body had such a resistant to the medication that he had to take more and more to get "satisfaction" that he took too much and it was too late.  Where they live they have a real bad problem with that medication and people selling their medication for $$$.  He really was a nice guy.