Duck Dynasty Guns

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
"Despite patriarch Phil Robertson's recent anti-gay comments and subsequent short-lived suspension from A&E, the Duck Dynasty family's business — and fortune — will continue to grow in 2014.

With the help of gunmaker Mossberg, the Robertsons will launch their own line of shotguns, rifles and pistols, CNN reports."

The rest of the article is here....http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/01/02/duck-dynasty-family-to-launch-line-of-guns/4288671/

So let's see, you can go duck hunting calling out the ducks with the Duck Commander duck call, and shoot those suckers out of the sky with your Duck Dynasty gun all while sipping on your Duck Dynasty wine.  ::)

Anyone else besides me starting to suffer from "Duck Dynasty overload?"

HeDied4U said:
"Despite patriarch Phil Robertson's recent anti-gay comments and subsequent short-lived suspension from A&E, the Duck Dynasty family's business — and fortune — will continue to grow in 2014.

With the help of gunmaker Mossberg, the Robertsons will launch their own line of shotguns, rifles and pistols, CNN reports."

The rest of the article is here....http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/01/02/duck-dynasty-family-to-launch-line-of-guns/4288671/

So let's see, you can go duck hunting calling out the ducks with the Duck Commander duck call, and shoot those suckers out of the sky with your Duck Dynasty gun all while sipping on your Duck Dynasty wine.  ::)

Everytime I go to WalMart and see the giant cutout of Si advertising eyeglass frames I always ask myself that question. This in addition to all the other DUck Dynasty crap they sell.

I like the camo 22 pistol, but I live in NY, so the clip is to big to own here under our NYSAFE ACT.

I wouldn't buy it just because it's DD or DC, just think it's a cool looking gun.

aleshanee said:
so...that brings up a question....  ???......  is mossberg making new models of guns for duck dynasty?.... or are they just redecorating current models with different camo and duck dynasty logos?...... and will either one knock more ducks out of the sky for the money than current models of their guns not produced with duck dynasty logos?.....  ??? .........

i never watch the show.....  but just out of curiosity i was wondering.... do they ever say anything about their dogs?.....  i don;t know much about duck hunting but i do know that retrieval dogs are a very important part of it.... ..... do they have an official duck dynasty dog?.......  ???
I've never used anything but a 20 ga. Moss to duckhunt, they dont need to change, just redecorate.
  And you dont knock em outta the sky, you get em as they take off. They take a while to get airborne, flying horizontally for yards.  Lead above them, and theyll run right into it.

Anishinaabe

I don't normally watch the show, but might if I was bored.

Mossberg makes decent shotguns, but I don't hunt, so no need.

They look like the standard models redecorated, which is fine. I wouldn't pay extra for a Duck Commander logo, but it wouldn't bother me.

The .22 carbine might be fun.

HeDied4U said:

Not really.  But, you seem to be really bothered by it.

I was overloaded with them after the first time I watched 10 minutes of the show.  Not my cup of tea  (see what I did there?  Si being famous for tea and all???)

Mossberg is simply redecorating.  Mossberg has fallen behind in the industry and is going for marketing.  You can have the worst junk in the world but get crazy rich selling it if you have good marketing.  Right now, the Robertson's are crazy good marketing.

aleshanee said:
so...that brings up a question....  ???......  is mossberg making new models of guns for duck dynasty?.... or are they just redecorating current models with different camo and duck dynasty logos?...... and will either one knock more ducks out of the sky for the money than current models of their guns not produced with duck dynasty logos?.....  ??? .........

i never watch the show.....  but just out of curiosity i was wondering.... do they ever say anything about their dogs?.....  i don;t know much about duck hunting but i do know that retrieval dogs are a very important part of it.... ..... do they have an official duck dynasty dog?.......  ???

Dogs play a part on the show, Miss Kay has her two house dogs. One episode involved hunting dogs, Si's dog on the show just sat there and did not retrieve the ducks. He finally got himself a fine retriever, a large Poodle that everyone laughed at first. Until Si shot a duck and the poodle retrieved the duck.

Duck Dynasty does not have the staying power of a show like the Simpsons (25 seasons) so they must make hay while they are popular.

Some brands would be hurt by all the marketing but I don't think thats the case for duck commander.

The Robertsons are hugely popular right now so I don't blame them for making all the money they can. I think their popularity will be short lived.

Real people vs cartoon, yep I see why it lasted 25 yrs. Of course I have never watched The Simpsons.

Never cared much for Mossberg guns. I still hunt with the Remington 870 Wingmaster my Daddy bought me for my 16th birthday back in August of '75.

ChuckBob

4everfsu said:
aleshanee said:

Dogs play a part on the show, Miss Kay has her two house dogs. One episode involved hunting dogs, Si's dog on the show just sat there and did not retrieve the ducks. He finally got himself a fine retriever, a large Poodle that everyone laughed at first. Until Si shot a duck and the poodle retrieved the duck.

Standard (large) poodles were actually bred to be water retrievers.  It comes as no surprise to me that Si's new dog retrieved the duck!

My family always had poodles when I was a kid.  No, we did not use them for hunting.  But they are really intelligent dogs.