Duck Dynasty Wine

I haven't and probably won't. $8.97 a bottle is more than my budget generally allows. I like good wine, but I'm forced to be a serious bargain hunter about it... and while these sound like reasonable value for the dollar, I need exceptional value.

All the same, I wish the Robertson's success with this venture.  :)

I haven't tried their wine because I don't drink*.
I haven't tried their duck calls or cross bows because I don't hunt.
I haven't watched their TV program because I have good taste  :D.

But I love their stand for their convictions and the way they exposed faux liberal outrage and true liberal hypocrisy.

Tarheel Baptist said:
But I love their stand for their convictions and the way they exposed faux liberal outrage and true liberal hypocrisy.

And yet, they still take the liberal money. ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You miss the point, IMO.
The Quack Boys are what they are, what they were when A&E signed them to the series.
They did what they were contracted to do.
Do you think A&E didn't know what they believed?

The network made their decision to hire them as a business proposition....the same way the Robertson's agreed to do the show. When Phil's interview caused the firestorm, the network expressed PC outrage and handed down punishment. When they received a greater firestorm of push back from the Robertson's and their fan base...they caved.

Money trumped liberal PC outrage.
The Robertson's kept their convictions, honor their contract and, as you might say, are the "winners, winners, chicken dinner's" in this episode. A&E looks like what they are....hypocrites, GLADD is SAD and the Quack Boys are standing tall!

And I love it!  :D

The other option is that the whole thing was orchestrated by all parties involved.

rsc2a said:
The other option is that the whole thing was orchestrated by all parties involved.

Which is the way I had been leaning when the thing first started. ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You miss the point, IMO.
The Quack Boys are what they are, what they were when A&E signed them to the series.

The network made their decision to hire them as a business proposition....the same way the Robertson's agreed to do the show. When Phil's interview caused the firestorm, the network expressed PC outrage and handed down punishment. When they received a greater firestorm of push back from the Robertson's and their fan base...they caved.

The Robertson's kept their convictions, honor their contract and, as you might say, are the "winners, winners, chicken dinner's" in this episode. A&E looks like what they are....hypocrites, GLADD is SAD and the Quack Boys are standing tall!

Oh, I get it. But the Robertsons "honor their contract" while making mammon for an organization which is open as to where they stand? Don't you think they knew about it before they signed their deal? And A&E are the ONLY hypocrites in this matter?

Money trumped liberal PC outrage. No argument from me. But money also trumped true religious conviction. They take their money while making the "heathen" organization money off of their name. Both sides are equally hypocritical.

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You miss the point, IMO.

Oh, I get it. But the Robertsons "honor their contract" while making mammon for an organization which is open as to where they stand? Don't you think they knew about it before they signed their deal? And A&E are the ONLY hypocrites in this matter?

Money trumped liberal PC outrage. No argument from me. But money also trumped true religious conviction. They take their money while making the "heathen" organization money off of their name. Both sides are equally hypocritical.

Duck Dudes aside, doesn't much of the Christian publishing world work this way?

For example, The MacArthur Study Bible is published by Thomas Nelson, a subsidiary of HarperCollins, the publishing unit of News Corp.

Or, Casting Crowns is signed on with Beach Street Records, a part of Reunion Records under the Provident Label Group. Provident Label Group is a division of Sony Music Entertainment.

It is a job for Duck Dynasty. My kids love the show, I could take it or leave it. But it is nice to have a clean family show to watch. I dont think the cast of Duck Dynasty is be hypocritical. He might have used strong language, but I am glad he continue to take a stand for his beliefs.

I dont drink, so wont be trying their wine anytime soon.

Tim said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You miss the point, IMO.

Duck Dudes aside, doesn't much of the Christian publishing world work this way?

For example, The MacArthur Study Bible is published by Thomas Nelson, a subsidiary of HarperCollins, the publishing unit of News Corp.

Or, Casting Crowns is signed on with Beach Street Records, a part of Reunion Records under the Provident Label Group. Provident Label Group is a division of Sony Music Entertainment.

Yeah, why not? The American church has become a corporation so why shouldn't we expect there to be hypocrisy in other religious facets?

Basic line is this: if Phil was purposely making a stand for his belief in defiance to his employer, why didn't he quit the show altogether? THAT would be the honorable thing.

FWIW, I think he was just saying his mind and wasn't out to make this big of a hoopla that it turned out to be. Can't say for sure though. But people are rallying around him as if he were a hero.

If the boys want to make money for and off of A&E, go for it. But abide by their rules. If they don't like the position for A&E, perhaps they could sign their show over to Trinity Broadcasting or something.

Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:

Which is the way I had been leaning when the thing first started. ;)

It sure got the show (and A&E) a megaload of publicity. 

kaba said:
It is a job for Duck Dynasty. My kids love the show, I could take it or leave it. But it is nice to have a clean family show to watch. I dont think the cast of Duck Dynasty is be hypocritical. He might have used strong language, but I am glad he continue to take a stand for his beliefs.

I dont drink, so wont be trying their wine anytime soon.

From one non-drinker to another, the hypocrisy is in rebelling against the employer while taking his money. I really don't care about any language or their belief system. If it were truly about principle then the Duck boys should have quit and taken their show to a more conservative network which would align with their stand.

But it all comes down to money, both for the Duck boys as well as A&E.

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You miss the point, IMO.

No, you don't 'get it'....you're grasping at straws.
You work for a company the same as they do.....it's their job!
Now, IF A&E asked them to compromise their principles and they did, you might have a point.
A&E asked that and they refused, A&E caved...

The Robertson's survived with their principles and bank account intact.
A&E have their bank account.....principles.... gone.
GLADD is sad....I'm glad...A&E is what most liberals are...symbolism over substance.
But when the symbolism actually costs them something...their money, not taxpayers money....they settle for neither!

I work for money. a & e knew what they stood for, it they didn't like it, they should not have signed them up to do the show. Just because you have a job/show doesnt mean you have to leave your convictions at the door. He isn't my hero, but I am tired to the gay crowd telling us what we can or can not accept.

My church is not a corporation. I attend a large church, it needs a few Pastors to run smoothly. I enjoy coming to church knowing the electric has been paid, the a/c is on (dont need heat) I will have a bulletin in my hand to let me know what to expect.

kaba said:
My church is not a corporation. I attend a large church, it needs a few Pastors to run smoothly. I enjoy coming to church knowing the electric has been paid, the a/c is on (dont need heat) I will have a bulletin in my hand to let me know what to expect.

I would think your church IS a corporation. If nobody ever brought a dime into the weekly assemblies would it survive in its existing format? If not, it is a corporation. Does it keep financial record of giving (even legitimately) and give you a giving statement at the end of the year for tax purposes? If so, it is a corporation. Does it have a person or group of people making the majority of operational decisions? If so, it is a corporation. Does it own its own property? If so, it is a corporation.

Perhaps it doesn't have a corporate "feel" to it which is fine but that does not negate the fact it is a corporation.

kaba said:
He isn't my hero, but I am tired to the gay crowd telling us what we can or can not accept.

I do believe that same argument gay people can make about Christians. ;)

Calling a church a corporation is taking something away from it.  The church is a body of believers that gather together to reach others for Christ but also to learn more from God's word. Sometimes you make it seem like the church is evil, because it takes money to run. And I think that is wrong.

kaba said:
Calling a church a corporation is taking something away from it.  The church is a body of believers that gather together to reach others for Christ but also to learn more from God's word. Sometimes you make it seem like the church is evil, because it takes money to run. And I think that is wrong.

Or perhaps our churches really don't make up THE church as Christ Himself organized it.