Duggars in trouble

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Like you when asked how do you know what you know about Jesus and our salvation?  :)
[/quote]

Actually I used about twenty words and gave five or six very clear hows. But then, you have a history of spreading lies, so this accusation isn't a surprise.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Like you when asked how do you know what you know about Jesus and our salvation?  :)

Actually I used about twenty words and gave five or six very clear hows. But then, you have a history of spreading lies, so this accusation isn't a surprise.
[/quote]

Creation told me.
Maybe Creation told Mrs Dugger how to discipline her kids.... ;)

In short, you are a repeated liar. Got it.

Like another person said to you, with this habit you have disqualified yourself from serving as a pastor.

rsc2a said:

Like another person said to you, with this habit you have disqualified yourself from serving as a pastor.

Fortunately, my posts are public record.... ;)
but...
If you feel like I'm not making an effort to build bridges with you, that's probably why. (Although I hear the fault could be mine.) I say that because there are plenty of people (even here) who I believe have a shared vision of where things need change. Couple that with the fact that I am often called both a political liberal and a conservative, my guess is I apparently find enough commonality with both groups for the radicals to decry me as "other".

I'll admit it. I have a hard time building bridges with liars.

rsc2a said:

Try to remember, public record  ;) and how do you know what you claim to know about Jesus and our salvation?

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Try to remember, public record  ;) and how do you know what you claim to know about Jesus and our salvation?
It's quite simple. You asked how I know about Jesus and salvation. You then accused me of using a lengthy response to avoid answering the question.

So

a) did I provide a brief statement whereby I listed five or six ways we know, thus making you a liar

...or...

b) did I provide a lengthy statement in which I did not address the original question as you just accused?

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

It's quite simple. You asked how I know about Jesus and salvation. You then accused me of using a lengthy response to avoid answering the question.

So

a) did I provide a brief statement whereby I listed five or six ways we know, thus making you a liar

...or...

b) did I provide a lengthy statement in which I did not address the original question as you just accused?

My accusation was and IS that you AVOIDED ANSWERING THE QUESTION...oh obtuse one.
Does your mother know you're dense?
But, on the bright side, you are much loved by all sides of the spectrum here on the fff!

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
No. It is through Jesus that we have a relationship with God.

How do you/we know that to be true?

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Creation. The Spirit speaking to me. The witness of the community of faith. The written testimony of the earthly saints (including scripture). Do I need to continue?

The problem with the sola scriptura folks is that they don't even believe it to be true.

I count four/five answers there. Since I refuse to believe you are stupid, it seems clear that you habitually lie and refuse to admit error.

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Creation. The Spirit speaking to me. The witness of the community of faith. The written testimony of the earthly saints (including scripture). Do I need to continue?

The problem with the sola scriptura folks is that they don't even believe it to be true.

Now, how do you know...really...not drivel and clichés, but a substantive answer....oh beloved, obtuse, dodging one?

rsc2a said:
I count four/five answers there. Since I refuse to believe you are stupid, it seems clear that you habitually lie and refuse to admit error.

Two words:
Public
Record.

does your mother know?

rsc2a said:

Does your mother know you're so dense?

Dense - And if someone calls you dense, they think nothing can get into your thick skull. Dense comes from the Latin densus which means thick and cloudy. In general, the word means packed tight and gives the sense that something is difficult to get through.

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Now, how do you know...really...not drivel and clichés, but a substantive answer....oh beloved, obtuse, dodging one?

I'm sure he can't give an answer you agree with because asking his pastor is not an option for him. ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Dense - And if someone calls you dense, they think nothing can get into your thick skull. Dense comes from the Latin densus which means thick and cloudy. In general, the word means packed tight and gives the sense that something is difficult to get through.
Again you disqualify yourself.

I know I have a reputation here for being a difficult ass who has abandoned orthodoxy (and, by orthodoxy, I mean conservatism). Someone who expects people to mean what they actually write and who readily points out others inconsistencies and hypocrisy.

But I'd rather have that reputation than be recognized as a known liar who refuses to admit mistakes and frequently resorts to derogatory personal attacks and name calling.

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

I'm sure he can't give an answer you agree with because asking his pastor is not an option for him. ;)
Pretty much. He doesn't like my answer so he says it doesn't count.

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Again you disqualify yourself.

I know I have a reputation here for being a difficult ass who has abandoned orthodoxy (and, by orthodoxy, I mean conservatism). Someone who expects people to mean what they actually write and who readily points out others inconsistencies and hypocrisy.

But I'd rather have that reputation than be recognized as a known liar who refuses to admit mistakes and frequently resorts to derogatory personal attacks and name calling.

Says the beloved man who called me a liar!
Again, the irony!

rsc2a said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Pretty much. He doesn't like my answer so he says it doesn't count.

Your answer was a non-answer, IMO.
And, aren't you your Pastor?

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Ask your Pastor.... ;)