E-Sword Author

Walt

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Many people here have much wider sources of information. I've used e-sword for many years and appreciate its author, Rick Meyers. I've supported him in our abundant times.

However, the last update was 2021 - he used to put out an update once or twice a year, and I'm concerned if he is okay.

Does anyone know anything about him? Is he too ill to continue? Is he on to other projects? His biography says he was born in 1962, so he is 60/61.

Thanks!

I'm curious too. I used to use Quickverse before they changed their entire interface and switched to e-sword many years ago. I hope it continues to be supported/developed.

Doing a rudimentary bit of research, he released an Android port of e-Sword last January, and since then it's gone through six versions, the most recent being released in December.

I would be inclined to think he spent much of 2021 writing the initial release, and much of 2022 giving it support. I'll bet a mobile version is popular enough to require most of his attention.

e-sword was the first electronic "software" that I used when I began teaching the Bible, and have fond memories of that period of my spiritual growth via sermon development. Hope the fella is ok.

Doing a rudimentary bit of research, he released an Android port of e-Sword last January, and since then it's gone through six versions, the most recent being released in December.

I would be inclined to think he spent much of 2021 writing the initial release, and much of 2022 giving it support. I'll bet a mobile version is popular enough to require most of his attention.

Well, that's good... I don't mind if he's just doing another project... but (as I said), his practice has been to release some e-sword update once or twice a year, and next month will be two years since the last release.

I appreciate the responses... I'm quite involved these days with other things, and getting on here just get pushed out.

Has anyone used the Android version? I'm curious if the user-created notes sync between the phone app and the desktop app. If so, I'll spring for the $2.99 to buy the Android version.