Eddie's "Magnum Opus"

Phooey-dini

Elect
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch wind of this little gem from Youth Conference?

Word is, that Lapina spent years preparing it.  ::)  Seems to me that he's trying his darnedest to transition from "Silly Billy" to an intellectual. I don't see it going over too well, specifically from the sounds of the "sermon" linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCTec8DLcA

Phooey-dini said:
Did anyone else catch wind of this little gem from Youth Conference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCTec8DLcA

Word is, that Lapina spent years preparing it.  ::)  Seems to me that he's trying his darnedest to transition from "Silly Billy" to an intellectual. I don't see it going over too well, specifically from the sounds of the "sermon" linked above!
I made it to the place where he said "Music was never art".

I need a drink after that...

[emoji12]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Tides of Truth gets the big shout out by Mr. Ed...

Music standards ........................personal preferences!

I once sent a student to HAC who got involved in T/S/W with Eddie. she was once riding in his car & looked through his music & was shocked by the contemporary music he had in his car......but that was over 30 years ago before he was a FBCH big name.

fishinnut said:

I once sent a student to HAC who got involved in T/S/W with Eddie. she was once riding in his car & looked through his music & was shocked by the contemporary music he had in his car......but that was over 30 years ago before he was an FBCH big name.

No still the same old Eddie. Still, hasn't given up the music.

bgwilkinson said:
fishinnut said:

I once sent a student to HAC who got involved in T/S/W with Eddie. she was once riding in his car & looked through his music & was shocked by the contemporary music he had in his car......but that was over 30 years ago before he was an FBCH big name.

No still the same old Eddie. Still, hasn't given up the music.
Exactly.

Those of us that know him, know him specifically for his taste in CCM.

So, even if he has some good points here, it is overshadowed by the total hypocrisy.

In other words, he is well known for attending concerts, and incorporating music into the youth ministry, of groups that many consider to be "Christian Rock".

Wasn't he good friends with DH in his younger days?  He had to know what was going on.

After the "Polished Shaft", I'm surprised they still have youth conference.  Must bring in money.

"T and it rhymes with P and that stands for pool" - Music Man

Anyone else notice how they're trying to strike a mood in the "auditorium" with the dim lights, etc.? Seems pretty CCM-ish to me! LOL

:eek:  ::)

Phooey-dini said:
Anyone else notice how they're trying to strike a mood in the "auditorium" with the dim lights, etc.? Seems pretty CCM-ish to me! LOL

Reminds me of Crowder's Neon Steeple Tour....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5XCOapM6zU

Phooey-dini said:

What's wrong with creating atmosphere? Seems churches with stained glass do the same thing.

Dimming lights could be for lighting the platform. I don't see a CCM connotation nor do I think dimming lights is problematic. But that's just me.

Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

What's wrong with creating atmosphere? Seems churches with stained glass do the same thing.

Dimming lights could be for lighting the platform. I don't see a CCM connotation nor do I think dimming lights is problematic. But that's just me.

Heh...

God is light and in  Him is no darkness at all.

men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil

Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

I believe it's something far less sinister than you propose.

I talked to my niece and nephew, who attended this year?s youth conference in Hammond. They both confirmed that the lights were dimmed only when they were showing the clips of popular songs on the big screens, and when they were showing the orchestration of the notes on the wall as they played the songs. Not sure exactly what that meant, but it had something to do with how note are arranged in popular music to focus on the beat and not the melody.

They seemed to like the presentation and said it was very interesting.

sword said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

I believe it's something far less sinister than you propose.

I talked to my niece and nephew, who attended this year?s youth conference in Hammond. They both confirmed that the lights were dimmed only when they were showing the clips of popular songs on the big screens, and when they were showing the orchestration of the notes on the wall as they played the songs. Not sure exactly what that meant, but it had something to do with how note are arranged in popular music to focus on the beat and not the melody.

They seemed to like the presentation and said it was very interesting.

It's one thing to like it and find it interesting.

But...it was sadly nonsense for the most part. He was in way over his head trying to play the Bible teacher. I can't decide if he preached it in order to sell more of FBC's music merchandise or if he actually thinks it holds water.

Regardless, many young people are too smart for it, will see through the poor logic, and flee fundamentalism as a movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Sleep with the lights on? ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

I'm with you, SC. Was just being facetious!

8)

Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

And how would you know that?

Phooey-dini said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

I'm with you, SC. Was just being facetious!

8)

Cool beans! Hey, where's Old Timer and Silly Billy these days?

Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

And how would you know that?

There's a reason some men look like a light bulb...

Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

True story.

...and because he has to sleep with the light on, his wife wears a sleep mask. 

Not because of the light, but because of his face.