Editing and Smiley Functions

lnf

Elect
Reaction score
Hello, Mr. Admin.  I have a question about the editing and smiley functions.  I read where they have been restored, but I haven't seen them, yet.  Do I need to do something on my end, like click a box in my profile settings?  I do see, below this post, the option to "don't use smileys", which is not checked.  Thank you so much.

Hello, Mr. Admin.  I have a question about the editing and smiley functions.  I read where they have been restored, but I haven't seen them, yet.  Do I need to do something on my end, like click a box in my profile settings?  I do see, below this post, the option to "don't use smileys", which is not checked.  Thank you so much.

I'm using Firefox, and I see three rows of formatting buttons above this editing window.

Try this: click the "Quote" button as though you are going to respond to a message, then when the "Post Reply" page comes up, type Ctrl+Shift+R. This is just like refreshing the page, except that it forces Firefox to reload everything from the server, including all the images.

This worked for me when the webby first fixed the editing functions a couple days ago.

Ransom said:

I'm using Firefox, and I see three rows of formatting buttons above this editing window.

Try this: click the "Quote" button as though you are going to respond to a message, then when the "Post Reply" page comes up, type Ctrl+Shift+R. This is just like refreshing the page, except that it forces Firefox to reload everything from the server, including all the images.

This worked for me when the webby first fixed the editing functions a couple days ago.

Thank you so much, Ransom!  That took care of it.  8)  Ha, ha, I had to test them out, just for grins.  ::)

Ransom said:

I am using Internet Explorer.  I still do not have access to any smilies or edit features on my home PC.  I do have functional usage of these features on the PC at work I use.

Can you help me webbie?

Can you help me webbie?

I believe the equivalent key combo in Internet Exploder is Ctrl+F5. See if that works.

Ransom said:
Can you help me webbie?

I believe the equivalent key combo in Internet Exploder is Ctrl+F5. See if that works.

Thanks, that did it.

We have the best, smartest and most helpful admins anywhere!

Ransom said:

Thanks Ransom... strange that a reboot did not purge his cache.