Elvis Impersonater Speaks at Local Church

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
"Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On!"

http://www.piratechristian.com/museum-of-idolatry/2016/7/the-fruit-of-the-spirit-is-total-loss-of-self-control

I was told this was an "afterglow" service at Tom Brennan's church.  Can anyone confirm?  BGW?

Twisted said:
I was told this was an "afterglow" service at Tom Brennan's church.  Can anyone confirm?  BGW?

What do you think causes a person to shake like that while testifying? If it isn't the Holy Spirit, do you think it is demons disguised as the Holy Spirit? Just emotions? Or perhaps the person is faking it?

This is a sincere question, and I only ask because I grew up in a charismatic church, and this doesn't look unusual to me. I know very genuine, born-again believers who have spoken in tongues. When I got married, my husband wanted to go to a Baptist church, but I never knew how/why Baptists denied the presence of the Holy Spirit in situations where they could not know the person or their walk with God.

redhead said:
Twisted said:

What do you think causes a person to shake like that while testifying?

Good muscle tone.  Lots of practice in front of a mirror.

Twisted said:
redhead said:
Twisted said:

What do you think causes a person to shake like that while testifying?

Good muscle tone.  Lots of practice in front of a mirror.

This reminds me of a guy that used to run around making unusual gestures and noises while my former pastor was preaching. He did it so often it got to be normal. We all thought it was normal. Bro Hyles seemed to approve.