Emmanuel Baptist Church (Late Pastor Tom Malone ) to close its doors.

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The Former church of Dr. Tom Malone has closed its doors.
Emmanuel Baptist Church to merge with Silvercrest Baptist Church to form New Beginning Baptist Church.

http://www.thenewbeginningbaptistchurch.com/about-us

FSSL said:
Hmmm... Strange that they didn't merge with Shalom which has Midwestern Baptist college

All I have to see is the chapel sermons and John Hambone.
Ends it for me right there as any credible bible college. Even though I know he is a graduate.

FSSL said:
Hmmm... Strange that they didn't merge with Shalom which has Midwestern Baptist college
I thought the same thing. i'm not sure of the politics behind it all.

Sad how ministries so often die after the founder passes off the scene. Every time I met Dr. Malone (Masters from Bob Jones & earned PhD from Wayne State University) he was such a humble and gracious man. His preaching always seemed so practical & down to earth. The college is little more than a church bible institute I hear.

BALAAM said:
FSSL said:

Ends it for me right there as any credible bible college. Even though I know he is a graduate.
I'm not a Hamblin fan, but some people must like him. He's in 30 plus meetings a year. At the size midwestern is they are lucky to get anybody well known to speak in chapel. I think Hamblin lives near Pontiac if memory serves me.

Did any on here know Tom Malone well. I only heard him once or twice a year if he was preaching in my neck of the woods. Don't know too much about him except he was well respected and in his day was a very popular preacher.

I see where Tom Malone was a pastor of that church at one time but I do not see it mentioning that Emmanuel Baptist Church is merging with this church .

Correct me if I am wrong......

Google "Silvercrest Baptist church Waterford" and you will see their new website.

Both congregations must be very small to be able to fit in Silvercrests building.

fishinnut said:
I see where Tom Malone was a pastor of that church at one time but I do not see it mentioning that Emmanuel Baptist Church is merging with this church .
I read about it in a pop up while surfing.

I did find this add regarding the merger.
http://fundamental.org/fundamental/churches/index.php3?action=viewchurch&ChurchID=6720
Read bottom of banner at top of screen.

sword said:
fishinnut said:
I read about it in a pop up while surfing.

I did find this add regarding the merger.
http://fundamental.org/fundamental/churches/index.php3?action=viewchurch&ChurchID=6720
Read bottom of banner at top of screen.
Very well....thanks.

sword said:
I'm not a Hamblin fan, but some people must like him. He's in 30 plus meetings a year.

And? Justin Bieber is even more popular, which only proves people are stupid.

sword said:
BALAAM said:
FSSL said:

I'm not a Hamblin fan, but some people must like him. He's in 30 plus meetings a year. At the size midwestern is they are lucky to get anybody well known to speak in chapel. I think Hamblin lives near Pontiac if memory serves me.

And 16,000 to 40,000 (depending on who you believe ) attend Joel Osteen's church every Sunday...mass stupidity proves nothing!

sword said:
The Former church of Dr. Tom Malone has closed its doors.
Emmanuel Baptist Church to merge with Silvercrest Baptist Church to form New Beginning Baptist Church.

http://www.thenewbeginningbaptistchurch.com/about-us

I know very little about Tom Malone and the work he did up there (I know who he is, and that's about it). Does the above imply that Emmanuel BC was too much following a man (i.e., Tom Malone).