Ephesians 4:12

subllibrm said:
cpizzle said:
Believing that God moves in the translation and preservation of his Word doesn't require you to believe in "double inspiration" as we commonly define it.  Inspiration can be nothing more than the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Let's say that you and another fellow sit down to translate the KJV into French. Both of you pray earnestly for the Holy Spirit to guide your efforts. When you are done, will you have both create identical words, sentences and paragraphs? If they are different did the Holy Spirit fail? Did you or your friend? Will the French reader understand the Glories of God and His plan for salvation from only one of them?

So, I don't believe every act of sincere, Spirit led translation will lead to inerrancy, anymore than I believe that my preaching (though led by the Holy Ghost) isn't tainted by my own flesh and fallibility. 

Scripture is given by Inspiration and is "perfect." (define how you please)  Inspiration without Preservation is somewhat worthless.  Thus, it makes sense to me that the same Spirit who inspired the writing of the Bible also acted in its preservation.  This is using man's logic, so I might be wrong.  (again, see my post on 2 types of Bible Believers.)

Side note - the Gospel writers were all inspired by the Holy Spirit but they didn't use the same words to describe the same events (or even identically record direct quotes.)  Inspiration doesn't have to be controlling, just guiding.  God has his own "quality control" process to ensure accuracy through the ages.