Eric Capaci and Gospel Light align with the SBC.

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
According to his Twitter feed:

Eric Capaci
@ericcapaci
?
Jun 10
It was a privilege to have the Arkansas State Baptist Convention executive director, Bro. Sonny Tucker as our speaker this morning. @gospellight voted unanimously this morning to join the SBC. We are honored to be partnering with the convention to advance the kingdom of Jesus.

How the mighty have fallen.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Eric Capaci
@ericcapaci
?
Jun 10
It was a privilege to have the Arkansas State Baptist Convention executive director, Bro. Sonny Tucker as our speaker this morning. @gospellight voted unanimously this morning to join the SBC. We are honored to be partnering with the convention to advance the kingdom of Jesus.

I thought the church was in North Carolina. Hopefully, that was just me.

people can change like putting on clothes..........nothing is shocking anymore...

Twisted said:
How the mighty have fallen.

He left Schaap, Gray, Vineyard and Anderson behind.
I guess he fell ?up?.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Sherryh said:
people can change like putting on clothes..........nothing is shocking anymore...

What are you talking? Capaci has been shifting to the SBC for quite a while now.

agreed this didnt happen over night !! I wish them well though i do want to see souls saved

I don't follow Eric so I wouldn't know what they are doing....God bless them

Sherryh said:
I don't follow Eric so I wouldn't know what they are doing....God bless them

I don't, either, but he was the cause of my finding the FFF many years ago.

He was serving at the church Bob Gray (Sr) and then he was gone, and no one would say what happened... the FFF told the truth.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Eric Capaci
@ericcapaci
?
Jun 10

That is awesome. Glad to have them. Now maybe than can get rid of the nutty IFB stigmatism.  Its great to see them break away for legalistic bondage! Praise God! Welcome Gospel Light to the SBC! 

Escapee said:
Its great to see them break away for legalistic bondage!

de68ba03876c27d73d5fceb59986404f.png

I mean this as in fun not insult. I was visiting a couple one day and saw the expression on their dog's face. It was a happy one. It reminded me of Eric when he smiles!

Escapee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Eric Capaci
@ericcapaci
?
Jun 10

That is awesome. Glad to have them. Now maybe than can get rid of the nutty IFB stigmatism.  Its great to see them break away for legalistic bondage! Praise God! Welcome Gospel Light to the SBC!
I'm pretty sure Gospel Light is known for not being "in legalistic bondage"...

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Every church has issues. If they're preaching the true gospel who cares at this point? And if the SBC are giving him support he couldn't get with the IFB (because they are to busy trying to build their kingdom) good for him.

Bruh said:
Every church has issues. If they're preaching the true gospel who cares at this point? And if the SBC are giving him support he couldn't get with the IFB (because they are to busy trying to build their kingdom) good for him.
Not sure how the "IFB" gives support to any one college.
Not sure how the IFB builds a kingdom. 
We are all individual Baptist Churches, there is no main IFB headquarters to support any college.
I follow no clique, my friends are preachers who graduated from Massillon Baptist College, HAC, and a myriad of other colleges.
In fact, the majority of the men who preach for me never went to HAC.

16KJV11 said:
Bruh said:
Not sure how the "IFB" gives support to any one college.
Not sure how the IFB builds a kingdom. 
We are all individual Baptist Churches, there is no main IFB headquarters to support any college.
I follow no clique, my friends are preachers who graduated from Massillon Baptist College, HAC, and a myriad of other colleges.
In fact, the majority of the men who preach for me never went to HAC.

#1. Independent Baptist are known as a whole to be kingdom builders.

#2. I'm not seeing any of what you're implying I'm saying in my post.

#3. I thought we were talking about the church not the college.

Bruh said:
I was saved in a SBC and continue in that group to this day. As a long-time southern Baptist, I will say that we do not need former IFB preachers like Capaci. They always come with an agenda. They think they'll benefit financially and numerically (which translates to financially) by making the change. SBC churches, typically, take better care of their preachers and evangelists than do the IFB. He wouldn't be the first to "dip his colors" for the sake of personal gain.

Bob H said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Eric Capaci
@ericcapaci

Jun 10
I thought the church was in North Carolina. Hopefully, that was just me.
Gospel Light Baptist Church
Walkertown, NC
Former Pastor Bobby Robertson

Gospel Light Baptist Church
Champion Baptist College
Hot Springs, Ar
Pastor Eric Capaci