Eschatology among the FFF members.

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
What is your eschatology?
Preterist, Amill, Premill, Postmill or something else.
Will you give a brief summary of what you believe, and...if you have changed your position in the past few years, what led to your change?

Is the Antichrist a literal person?
A literal tribulation? Millennium?
Will there be a 'Battle of Armageddon' at the Second Coming?
Rapture, yes or no?
If yes, when will it occur?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Rapture, yes or no?

Oh, boy.  If someone knows that, can I get some lottery #'s, please?

Well, I've got "88 Reasons Why...."

I don't see the antichrist as just one particular literal person.  The proof-texts for the Beast's biography are cherry-picked and lifted out of context from all over the Bible.  The prophecy gurus cannot agree as to whether his infernal majesty will be a Jew, an Arab, an Italian, a Rumanian (Left Behind Novels) or something else, maybe Spanish (King Juan Carlos of Spain).  I don't remember anyone saying the Antichrist would be black until Obama was elected president, and then all of the sudden there was all this nonsense about the Antichrist being a black man.  If that was so obvious in the Bible, how come all the prophecy experts missed it until Obama came along?  The prophecy experts said Napoleon was the Antichrist, then it was his nephew Napoleon III, then it was Mussolini, Gorbachev, Henry Kissinger, etc. etc. ad infinitum and ad nauseum.  None of those Antichrists panned out.  Until the prophecy experts get their act together and get their stories straight, I see no reason to make any definitive predictions about the future career of any Antichrist, when wiser minds than myself are not able to agree on it.

Battle of Armageddon?  I hereby quote from the book "Prophetic Questions Answered" published in 1954 by Keith Brooks, a bonafide prophecy expert and dispensational Bible teacher who was well regarded back in the day, almost on the level with Hal Lindsey in more recent years:
"Strangely enough, the 'battle' of Armageddon is never fought.  The assembled hosts will be paralyzed in their tracks by the brightness of His coming in vengeance.  It is therefore a mistake to speak of 'the battle' of Armageddon.  In the one reference to it in Revelation [16:16] it is represented simply as an unprecedented gathering of troops."

Rapture?  Yes.  It will happen on the last day of time, John 5:28, 6:39, 40, 44, 11:24, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 52 (last trump).

Tarheel Baptist said:
Will you give a brief summary of what you believe, and...if you have changed your position in the past few years, what led to your change?

Rapture, yes or no?
Good luck getting any fundies on here to respond to any of these questions re: Eschatology...  Especially if they are required to back it with Scripture.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Rapture, yes or no?

Oh, boy.  If someone knows that, can I get some lottery #'s, please?

Well, I've got "88 Reasons Why...."

Thank you for that substantive reply.
You are the Gail Riplinger of eschatology.

illinoisguy said:
I don't see the antichrist as just one particular literal person.  The proof-texts for the Beast's biography are cherry-picked and lifted out of context from all over the Bible.  The prophecy gurus cannot agree as to whether his infernal majesty will be a Jew, an Arab, an Italian, a Rumanian (Left Behind Novels) or something else, maybe Spanish (King Juan Carlos of Spain).  I don't remember anyone saying the Antichrist would be black until Obama was elected president, and then all of the sudden there was all this nonsense about the Antichrist being a black man.  If that was so obvious in the Bible, how come all the prophecy experts missed it until Obama came along?  The prophecy experts said Napoleon was the Antichrist, then it was his nephew Napoleon III, then it was Mussolini, Gorbachev, Henry Kissinger, etc. etc. ad infinitum and ad nauseum.  None of those Antichrists panned out.  Until the prophecy experts get their act together and get their stories straight, I see no reason to make any definitive predictions about the future career of any Antichrist, when wiser minds than myself are not able to agree on it.

Battle of Armageddon?  I hereby quote from the book "Prophetic Questions Answered" published in 1954 by Keith Brooks, a bonafide prophecy expert and dispensational Bible teacher who was well regarded back in the day, almost on the level with Hal Lindsey in more recent years:
"Strangely enough, the 'battle' of Armageddon is never fought.  The assembled hosts will be paralyzed in their tracks by the brightness of His coming in vengeance.  It is therefore a mistake to speak of 'the battle' of Armageddon.  In the one reference to it in Revelation [16:16] it is represented simply as an unprecedented gathering of troops."

Rapture?  Yes.  It will happen on the last day of time, John 5:28, 6:39, 40, 44, 11:24, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 52 (last trump).

Thanks for your reply. I?m not interested in predictions etc. but simply what we/you believe and what ?school of eschatology? you would identify with.
Would you consider yourself to be Amillennial?

Tarheel Baptist said:

Rapture, yes or no?

I am a Pre-mill, Pre-Trib, dispensationalist. Though I have many problems with radical dispies.
I believe the Antichrist is a literal person...there will be a literal 7 years tribulation...there will be a literal millennium where Jesus returns and rules and reigns here on earth...I believe there will be Battle of Armageddon which will culminate at the Second Coming...yes there will be a rapture occurring at the beginning of the tribulation, after the signing of the covenant between Antichrist & Israel and after the revealing of the man of sin.

I'm about 75% Pre-Trib rapture but I can give you plenty of scripture to support a Post-Trib/Pre-Wrath point of view. (the thing I dislike the most about S. Anderson is that he is not always wrong....)

I'm also about 75% futurist (opposite of preterist) when it comes to the book of Revelation and Olivet Discourse.

I assume the Anti-Christ is a real person...no reason not to.  He is called the "Prince of the People who are to come" in Daniel, which would tie him in with Rome (Rome was the Feet of Iron and the Anti-Christ's kingdom are the 10 toes of Iron and Clay.)  The Jews today (see Ben Shapiro interview) believe Messiah will be a political figure who brings peace to Israel...which sounds like the Bible's description of the Antichrist ("a covenant with many for 1 week (7 years), breaking the covenant in the midst of the week, taking the kingdom peaceably, ect?)

As a futurist, I take the Tribulation literally.  It is written about in Daniel and Revelation as a 7 year period.  The Battle of Armegeddon is also written as a real event.

The Millinal Kingdom might be figurative in length but I do believe God's eternal kingdom will still have the Lion lay down with the Lamb and we "Study war no more." I reject Post-Millinialism completely (or at least my understanding of it.)

Fun Theory:  I think that Christ's plan was to come to Israel and be accepted as Mesiah.  He would be killed by the Romans to redeem his people from their sins.  The tribulation would begin with the "cutting off of Mesiah the prince" and would be carried out by the Romans and their Emporer (Caligula maybe???)  Christ would return 7 years later and the Kingdom of God on Earth would begin. With the Jews rejetion and complicity with his crucifixion, the clock was stopped at 69 weeks and the "age of the Gentiles began."  The 70th week of Daniel is still upcoming.  Look at Christ's reading of Isaiah in the temple and notice he leaves out "the terrible day of the Lord."  That day is still to come.

cpizzle said:
Fun Theory:  I think that Christ's plan was to come to Israel and be accepted as Messiah.  He would be killed by the Romans to redeem his people from their sins.  The tribulation would begin with the "cutting off of Messiah the prince" and would be carried out by the Romans and their Emporer (Caligula maybe???)  Christ would return 7 years later and the Kingdom of God on Earth would begin. With the Jews rejection and complicity with his crucifixion, the clock was stopped at 69 weeks and the "age of the Gentiles began."  The 70th week of Daniel is still upcoming.  Look at Christ's reading of Isaiah in the temple and notice he leaves out "the terrible day of the Lord."  That day is still to come.

More fun for your theory:  When Stephen was stoned, he saw Jesus STANDING.  Many believe (which follows with your "fun theory") that had Israel accepted the message and repented, He would have returned then, etc.

cpizzle said:
(the thing I dislike the most about S. Anderson is that he is not always wrong....)

Neither are Catholics, Mormons and JW's.

Twisted said:
cpizzle said:
(the thing I dislike the most about S. Anderson is that he is not always wrong....)

Oh...and Tarheel.

Historic Baptist Premillennial

Literal Man of Sin and crew 2Thes 2
Literal 1000 years of Christ reigning, followed by GWT Judgement, New Earth. Rev 20: 11-14 ; 21:1-4
Great Tribulation, lasting about 1335 days Dan 12:10-13
1st Resurrection takes place Rev 20:1-6
then God's Wrath is poured out on remaining lost Earth inhabitants.
Not a Praeterist, but value the importance of knowing Daniel's 70th week was fulfilled after the 69th.

"Rapture" is a nonsense term, used only as an abstract noun prior to Irving and Darby's mess.
So, no to  The First Resurrection being a feeling...

All Israel will be saved in this:
12,000 redeemed virgin young men, from each Israeli Tribe, will be sealed from physical death, used to repopulate Israel (in God's economy, and science,  the bloodline is carried through the husband) and Christ will Reign, hallelujah.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

prophet said:

Literal 1000 years of Christ reigning, followed by GWT Judgement, New Earth. Rev 20: 11-14 ; 21:1-4
Not a Praeterist, but value the importance of knowing Daniel's 70th week was fulfilled after the 69th.

"Rapture" is a nonsense term, used only as an abstract noun prior to Irving and Darby's mess.

12,000 redeemed virgin young men, from each Israeli Tribe, will be sealed from physical death, used to repopulate Israel (in God's economy, and science,  the bloodline is carried through the husband) and Christ will Reign, hallelujah.

So "post-trib/pre-Wrath", correct?  In other words, 3 1/2 years of tribulation (little 'T'), "rapture", then Great Tribulation for about 3 1/2 years...

HammondCheese said:
prophet said:

So "post-trib/pre-Wrath", correct?  In other words, 3 1/2 years of tribulation (little 'T'), "rapture", then Great Tribulation for about 3 1/2 years...

Not quite...

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Twisted said:
cpizzle said:

Oh...and Tarheel.

Rent free... :)

giphy.gif

HammondCheese said:
Good luck getting any fundies on here to respond to any of these questions re: Eschatology...  Especially if they are required to back it with Scripture.

So, where is your response?

I am a Dispensational premillennialist. Not in the popularist Tim Lehay-style.