Evangelical College Azusa Pacific Agrees to Allow LGBT Relationships

HereIStand

Elect
Reaction score
A sad development,

https://www.christianpost.com/news/evangelical-college-azusa-pacific-agrees-allow-lgbt-relationships-conservatives-slam-surrender-227538/

Truly grievous.

But I they are certainly not conservative.  They seem to be more in line with the Pentecostal, possibly Charismatic group.

Walt said:
Truly grievous.

But I they are certainly not conservative.  They seem to be more in line with the Pentecostal, possibly Charismatic group.
My guess is that they're in the evangelical middle. So for them, this seems like a huge step in the wrong direction. I fear it will open the door for other schools to follow suit.

HereIStand said:
Walt said:
Truly grievous.

My guess is that they're in the evangelical middle. So for them, this seems like a huge step in the wrong direction. I fear it will open the door for other schools to follow suit.

It will. We will soon see many schools (and churches) discover "new truth" in scripture allowing for this kind of thing. I am seeing/hearing it all the time from posts on Facebook.

subllibrm said:
HereIStand said:
Walt said:
Truly grievous.

It will. We will soon see many schools (and churches) discover "new truth" in scripture allowing for this kind of thing. I am seeing/hearing it all the time from posts on Facebook.

True.

People who accept this kind of thing are considered broad-minded and tolerant -- "good fellows"  -- those who don't are despised and looked down upon.  Christians, like everyone else, like to be liked, so the pressure to change is high.

Walt said:
subllibrm said:
HereIStand said:
Walt said:
Truly grievous.

True.

People who accept this kind of thing are considered broad-minded and tolerant -- "good fellows"  -- those who don't are despised and looked down upon.  Christians, like everyone else, like to be liked, so the pressure to change is high.
Great point.
The desire for secular approval is a problem with the evangelical realm. Fundamentalists seem more content with secular disapproval.

HereIStand said:
Walt said:
subllibrm said:
HereIStand said:
Walt said:
Truly grievous.

True.

Great point.
The desire for secular approval is a problem with the evangelical realm. Fundamentalists seem more content with secular disapproval.

And another good point on your side. Concern with either the world's approval or disapproval has the focus on the world instead of on Jesus Christ.  We should judge our actions by the Scripture, not by whether the world approves or not.

Walt said:
HereIStand said:
Walt said:
subllibrm said:
HereIStand said:
Walt said:
Truly grievous.

True.

Great point.

And another good point on your side. Concern with either the world's approval or disapproval has the focus on the world instead of on Jesus Christ.  We should judge our actions by the Scripture, not by whether the world approves or not.
Well said!! I owe you +1 Karma point when that aspect of the forum is fixed.

:)