Ex-NFL Quarterback Drowns

Dr. Huk-N-Duck

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I’ve been caught in a riptide before. I’m fortunate that when it happened, I was aware of what was happening and I was also in my early 20s and able to physically escape the situation. I was on the beach and there were lifeguards in the area, but I can recall yelling for help and no one could hear me because the sound of the powerful waves and nearby crowd of people just muted my yelling. Twenty years later, and although I’m in pretty good shape, I highly doubt I’d survive the same situation. I just remember being astounded at the strength of the ocean. Fortunately, I’m wise enough not to put myself in that situation these days.

Ex-NFL quarterback Ryan Mallett 'dies aged 35'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...tml?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

Sad

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

I'm hoping to take Mrs. abcaines to Pensacola Beach next summer. I'll have to brush up on riptide signs...

I want her to see sugar white sand and experience wading with millions of the glow in the dark larvae that are present in summer, whatever they are... I used to think they were jellyfish larvae but these don't sting.