Facial Hair is Unbiblical....

At least he is honest!

My wife loves my beard. I can't shave it off. She says I look too much like my brother without it and then kissing me gives her the willies. Since kissing leads to other things from time to time, I must keep my beard. I don't want to be guilty of defrauding her.  8)

My wife thinks I look like a 12-yr old when I have no facial hair. And she hates it when I grow a beard and finds mustaches to be odd-looking on anyone. So as long as she wants me to wear a goatee, I'll acquiesce to her wishes. :D

My husband had a regular mustache when I married him.  He grew a fumanchu and then applied wax to curl it up into a "dastardly whiplash" sort of thing.  I remember begging him to cut his 'stache straight across again.  No dice.  I remember hanging onto him, begging him...and we ended up with me hanging onto his ankle, dragging me across the floor as he exited the bathroom and walked down the hall into the living room, refusing to cut that ickiness off!  In all honesty, it was a lighthearted moment and actually a fond memory...both of us were laughing all the way!

But I did get the last laugh.  One day soon after, he asked me to trim his 'stache.  I was oh, so happy to do so.  Oops!  And then it was straight across again!

Years later, he told me he told me he was going to cut his 'stache off.  OK, then I will cut my hair!  His 'stache remained intact, as did my hair, which was below my waist.  After he died, I cut my hair...to just below my chin.  Today, my hair is just below my ears. 

How life and death changes things! 

lnf said:
My husband had a regular mustache when I married him.  He grew a fumanchu and then applied wax to curl it up into a "dastardly whiplash" sort of thing.  I remember begging him to cut his 'stache straight across again.  No dice.  I remember hanging onto him, begging him...and we ended up with me hanging onto his ankle, dragging me across the floor as he exited the bathroom and walked down the hall into the living room, refusing to cut that ickiness off!  In all honesty, it was a lighthearted moment and actually a fond memory...both of us were laughing all the way!

But I did get the last laugh.  One day soon after, he asked me to trim his 'stache.  I was oh, so happy to do so.  Oops!  And then it was straight across again!

Years later, he told me he told me he was going to cut his 'stache off.  OK, then I will cut my hair!  His 'stache remained intact, as did my hair, which was below my waist.  After he died, I cut my hair...to just below my chin.  Today, my hair is just below my ears. 

How life and death changes things!

"Snidely Whiplash".

--Your friendly neighborhood trivia nazi.

And right you are, Mr. Tomato!  Thanks for the correction! ...Although it did look "dastardly" to me.  LOL  ;)

Ah!  So I mixed my metaphors!  8)

But ... But ... what about YOSEMITE SAM!?!  Have you considered just how dorky he would look without facial hair?

Or the Super Mario brothers, who couldn't like them?

And then there is Papa Smurf.  Don't forget him.

Ok, without looking it up, can anyone name the actor who played the voice of Snidely Whiplash?

I dont like facial hair on men. John Mark has something not sure what you call it..hate it. My sons like to grow chin straps over the summer when they are out of school. My son let it grow long so everyone thought he was turning amish!!

I saw a tract once that explained that Jesus had no facial hair.  It said that the only way that the romans were able to rip out his beard was because the events of the week left him without an opportunity to shave.  I think it was the one moment when I realized that the cultural reaction side of the IFB had gone way too far.

Lev 19:27, 2 Sam 10:4-5, 19:24, I Chron 19:4-5, II Sam 20:9, Ezra 9:3, Isa 7:20, Jer 41:5, Ezek 5:1 all intimate that facial hair was accepted and worn by even  "Holy men of God" who were "moved by the Holy Ghost".

Moses gave us Lev 19:27. Saul's son had a beard and David's servants had a beard. Apparently Ezekiel had a beard. While facial hair is unsightly, apparently it isn't forbidden and AT LEAST in Leviticus, was required NOT to be tampered with.  So while the Bible doesn't say you can NOT wear a beard, we are told that prophets such as Ezekiel DID wear a beard, intimating that it is not forbidden.

And it wouldn't have been a tragedy if Jesus had a beard.

:)