Fallen in Grace Ministry

CONSPIRATOR

Elect
Reaction score
So I see Dave Hyles and David Baker are setting up a bed and breakfast for fallen pastors and need $7,000/month in support. 

Yeah, that has all kinds of red flags.

CONSPIRATOR said:
So I see Dave Hyles and David Baker are setting up a bed and breakfast for fallen pastors and need $7,000/month in support. 

So where did you see this?

http://falleningrace.com/restoration-inn/

33 minutes, if you can handle it.

CONSPIRATOR said:

Nope, couldn't watch the whole thing.  He's gone liberal as he wasn't eating cloves.

So whatever happened to the property that Agnes Moorehead had donated in southeast Ohio that was turned into a similar establishment?  There was a fairly well-known preacher who was running it.

CONSPIRATOR said:

Has he returned or refunded the $$$ that many people sent him through the YC his daddy held at FBCH & when Jackie-boy raised money to begin Davey-boy's magazine prompting "purity?"

Anything that has Hyles, Baker, or Bob Gray involved; I would flee from. Let's also include all the Hyles groupies like the Neals etc.

While I do believe there may be a need for this type of ministry, it is hard to believe Dave is starting it.  One of the very first steps is making things right to the best of your ability.  Has Dave done this in his personal life????????????????

BALAAM said:
Anything that has Hyles, Baker, or Bob Gray involved; I would flee from. Let's also include all the Hyles groupies like the Neals etc.

Couldn't have said it better... exactly!

RAIDER said:
While I do believe there may be a need for this type of ministry, it is hard to believe Dave is starting it.  One of the very first steps is making things right to the best of your ability.  Has Dave done this in his personal life????????????????

I get the impression (and I don't know if it's right) that Bob Gray, David Baker, etc and trying very hard to get Dave H back "in the ministry" and are doing all of these ministry-like things to push the envelope.

As I mentioned in other posts, Dave Hyles shouldn't be accepted by these people until he admits that he was an adulterer and fornicator, and someone who abused his wife.  Moreover, he needs to tell the truth about that baby's death (Brett Stevens?). Merely saying "I have sinned" is NOT sufficient. 

I don't believe that he sees himself as the monster that he was... he had troubles with women at FBCH, so they married him off. That didn't help (no doubt he blamed Paula and other women), so they shipped him off to Garland, TX (he promptly carried on with women there as well).  He came back to FBCH, Paula left, he began carrying on with Brenda, was exposed there, and he left for Florida, where he started his adulterous ways again.

He has had many changes to turn over a new leaf; I'm very skeptical of his "ministry to the fallen" when he doesn't appear to have repented yet.

Maybe we are looking at this wrong. Maybe he is conducting workshops on how to be fallen.  he certainly is an expert at that.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the video.

Walt said:
RAIDER said:

I get the impression (and I don't know if it's right) that Bob Gray, David Baker, etc and trying very hard to get Dave H back "in the ministry" and are doing all of these ministry-like things to push the envelope.

As I mentioned in other posts, Dave Hyles shouldn't be accepted by these people until he admits that he was an adulterer and fornicator, and someone who abused his wife.  Moreover, he needs to tell the truth about that baby's death (Brett Stevens?). Merely saying "I have sinned" is NOT sufficient. 

I don't believe that he sees himself as the monster that he was... he had troubles with women at FBCH, so they married him off. That didn't help (no doubt he blamed Paula and other women), so they shipped him off to Garland, TX (he promptly carried on with women there as well).  He came back to FBCH, Paula left, he began carrying on with Brenda, was exposed there, and he left for Florida, where he started his adulterous ways again.

He has had many changes to turn over a new leaf; I'm very skeptical of his "ministry to the fallen" when he doesn't appear to have repented yet.
I would sooner trust a South Georgia rattlesnake around that barn than to trust Davey-boy Hyles around that barn.

fishinnut said:
Walt said:
RAIDER said:

I would sooner trust a South Georgia rattlesnake around that barn than to trust Davey-boy Hyles around that barn.
Wait, could you make that a little plainer?  I couldn't quite understand your point! :D

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
Walt said:
RAIDER said:

Wait, could you make that a little plainer?  I couldn't quite understand your point! :D
How about, "I would sooner trust Bill Clinton around...fill in the blank"

As has been stated, there probably is a place for a ministry like this, but not with Dave running it.  (Can you imagine how a predator would enjoy having additional victims at a bad time in their lives?) Dave has NO business being in any kind of ministry (still no admission of guilt, restitution, etc.), but again, he is trying to cash in on the name.

Why don't Baker and Gray just change their last name to "Hyles" and get it over with already.

CONSPIRATOR said:
As has been stated, there probably is a place for a ministry like this, but not with Dave running it.  (Can you imagine how a predator would enjoy having additional victims at a bad time in their lives?) Dave has NO business being in any kind of ministry (still no admission of guilt, restitution, etc.), but again, he is trying to cash in on the name.

Why don't Baker and Gray just change their last name to "Hyles" and get it over with already.
What gets me is the absolute gall Dave has, like nobody is going to remember the past.  It's all swept away.

16KJV11 said:
What gets me is the absolute gall Dave has, like nobody is going to remember the past. 

Jesus doesn't.  Why should you?

Twisted said:
CONSPIRATOR said:

Nope, couldn't watch the whole thing.  He's gone liberal as he wasn't eating cloves.

So whatever happened to the property that Agnes Moorehead had donated in southeast Ohio that was turned into a similar establishment?  There was a fairly well-known preacher who was running it.

Interesting.  Her family's farm went to John Brown University in Arkansas as a memorial to her minister father.  She bequeathed sizable sums to Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago and Radio Bible Class as well.

To me, this type of thing is far more telling than meets the eye. Here is a pervert/deviant who has ruined more lives and than anyone I know and is now all pious and holy and wants money for a legitimate ministry. His father, his family, his former laborers in the ministry, have never one time admitted that maybe he was a pervert and that Jack Hyles possibly did something wrong here. Most of these guys (friends) would hang him from the highest tree if he ever said it was ok for women to wear pants or if he thought other bible versions were not of the devil. But, gross immorality,  perversion,  and these types of things get a pass if you came from the right stock or know the right people.

And once again, most of you do not live in this area. You came to college for a couple of years and moved away but I have been here for about 25 years. To this day, I will run across people in business almost yearly who will tell me that they used to go to fbch and left because of DH. The bitter ones are the ones who went to Hyles Sr. or Evans, etc. and complained or tried to warn him that they had a pervert on their hands and they were either chased away, chastised, or ignored.

7OGnOah.jpg

Notice anything?