Favorite lines or quotes

Don't ever try to ease the discomfort of someone whom the Holy Spirit is making uncomfortable.

?Give yourself unto reading. The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men?s brains, proves that he has no brains of his own. You need to read.

God is not a cosmic parole officer waiting for you to mess up again. He?s a relentlessly loving Dad who sees in you the beauty of his Son.

The preacher must preach the text, not the idea that brought him to the text. 

I don't care how much richer the rich get.  I do care, however, if policies make people unemployed and poorer just so the rich can be a little less rich.

Minor routines practiced daily yield big results over time.

Expecting the world to be fair with you because you were fair with it is like expecting a lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him

It's more common to find those who take a hard line than those who walk a straight line.

"Holiness doesn't lead us to Jesus, Jesus leads us to holiness"

I'd be more convinced of your latest end of the world predictions if you transferred your savings into my account. Just sayin!

The man who is afraid to risk failure seldom has to face success. ? John Wooden

Preferences are delightful for individual enjoyment, but detrimental as an imposition on another's. #tastesdiffer

Parents give their first kid organic vitamin infused gluten free oatmeal. The third kid ends up eating fruit loops off the floor.

None are more unjust in their judgments of others than those who have a high opinion of themselves. - Spurgeon

If you?re expecting someone to be who only Jesus can be to you, soon enough you WILL resent them for what they could never be.

happiness is not found in acquiring ?more? but in being more thankful for what we?ve already been given.

Condemning others while also excusing ourselves is what allows us to hang onto both our self-righteousness AND our sin.

Demonizing someone else is often a cover for refusing to deal my own spiritual and emotional immaturity.

Your career is never going to die for you. If you don't fulfill its dictates, it will punish you all your life.

If there is no visible difference between you and the world, depend upon it, there is no invisible difference - Spurgeon