FBC growth under Wilkerson

Mr. White

Elect
Reaction score
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/30-biggest-american-megachurches-ranked/8/

I was suprised to see in this article that FBC has grown under Wilkerson. That?s not a slam on  him, just a statement of all that he has had to deal with.  I believe the number of attendees under Schaap was around 16,000, this new listing says attendance is now 17,700.  Although FBC has not keep pace with the growth of many of these other churches, they have still grown. Which I find remarkable after all that has happened.

Mr. White said:
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/30-biggest-american-megachurches-ranked/8/

I was suprised to see in this article that FBC has grown under Wilkerson. That?s not a slam on  him, just a statement of all that he has had to deal with.  I believe the number of attendees under Schaap was around 16,000, this new listing says attendance is now 17,700.  Although FBC has not keep pace with the growth of many of these other churches, they have still grown. Which I find remarkable after all that has happened.
I thank God for this.
Bro. Wilkerson is a godly, humble man, but he is also a good leader, and a friend.

This is definitely impressive when you take into account what he inherited.

These numbers seem suspect given the photos that BGW posts. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for the best from Wilkerson and he does seem to be in a different class than JS. I'm just not sure the attendance has grown to surpass that of the JS period. 

I look forward to hearing  from current members.

If true, that's certainly impressive, but I wonder how they are counting... Jack Schaap used to count all of the (unscriptural) satellite churches as attending FBCH.

Maybe tracking attendance numbers is a sin, akin to David's numbering the people?

Walt said:
If true, that's certainly impressive, but I wonder how they are counting... Jack Schaap used to count all of the (unscriptural) satellite churches as attending FBCH.

Maybe tracking attendance numbers is a sin, akin to David's numbering the people?

.....but maybe it is ok, akin to Jesus feeding the 5,000.

Two Observations:

1.  FBC Giving is up 20% (2017) over where it was John Wilkerson's 1st year as Pastor (2013)
2.  Last year was the most attended Marriage Retreat we've ever had.  Until this year... there are more couples registered this year than any other year.  We've had this since 2006 (I think)

Conclusion:

Under Jack Schaap, attendance at FBC grew.  His last 2 years, it declined.... it is probably about the same now, as when he left.  The attendance at FBC today is probably about the same as when Dr. Hyles died.  If I had to guess, about 8,000 - 10,000 people come to the Hammond property each Sunday morning.

Walt said:
If true, that's certainly impressive, but I wonder how they are counting...

From left to right, then from right to left.

It doesn?t add up. The college is down 1,000 students, which is compounded when you think of how many those students brought to church. Freddy took half the Spanish ministry. Several former staff men pastor churches in the area with many former members in their fellowship. All this, and they have 1700 more attendees than the peak of Schaaps tenure.

Mr. White said:
It doesn?t add up. The college is down 1,000 students, which is compounded when you think of how many those students brought to church. Freddy took half the Spanish ministry. Several former staff men pastor churches in the area with many former members in their fellowship. All this, and they have 1700 more attendees than the peak of Schaaps tenure.

It's a miracle, ain't it?

And this one can't be blamed on a IFB website!

Norefund said:
Hey, what time does the bus leave for that big Democrat Party rally tonight?....snHse

You're on the wrong thread, you stinkin' Hacker!!!  ;)

From my admittedly limited knowledge of the situation, I would question the validity of Schaap having 16k during his regime. And I have little doubt that the 17k is questionable.

I also wonder where CBS got their numbers? I doubt they made them up out of thin air.

Does FBH still run buses on Sunday AM?
If so, how many riders do they carry?
That might make some difference since they probably would not attend service in the auditorium.

Tarheel Baptist said:
From my admittedly limited knowledge of the situation, I would question the validity of Schaap having 16k during his regime. And I have little doubt that the 17k is questionable.

I also wonder where CBS got their numbers? I doubt they made them up out of thin air.

Does FBH still run buses on Sunday AM?
If so, how many riders do they carry?
That might make some difference since they probably would not attend service in the auditorium.
I don't know for sure, but I would almost stake my life that they still have a bus ministry.
It may not cris-cross Chicago like it once did, but most certainly extends all over the local area which contains the "A" bus routes.
Those routes existed long before the college ever started and were staffed by laymen.

-FBC runs 100+ busses in the Summer... much more in the Fall / Spring
-HAC is maybe 100 students less than when JS left
-The Spanish Church ran approx. 1,200 when Freddy De Anda left... it has grown to that amount again

WESLEY said:
-FBC runs 100+ busses in the Summer... much more in the Fall / Spring
-HAC is maybe 100 students less than when JS left
-The Spanish Church ran approx. 1,200 when Freddy De Anda left... it has grown to that amount again

That's good to hear!