FBC Hammond and their New Pastor

BamaFan

Elect
Reaction score
I have been amazed at some of those in the ifb ranks who have looked to FBC Hammond like the Catholics do the Vatican. It turned my stomach to hear people say that FBC can still save America. Jesus is the only one who can save America!!
My prayer is that FBC will become a strong expositional preaching church. I went to HAC when Pastor Wilkerson was there. We worked together in Junior IIc junior church. He's a good man, and loves God. My prayer for John is that he will simply hear and obey God , and ignore the letters and phone calls of many who will try to get him to be a little Jack Hyles. If he tries to be a carbon copy of Dr. Hyles he will not be what God wants him to be. Here's a thought. Why don't we all just get in our God given place and be who God wants us to be.May we all hear and obey God.

Oh for Independent Fundamental Baptists to remember they are independent!

I think much of our problem lies in our goal of saving America, instead of worshiping God.  Yes, soul winning and church planting and missions and ministries - but not with the intent of saving America.  Rather, we should be engaged in these activities with intent to Honor God.  Fine line, isn't it?

Though honestly, I can't tell Bro. Wilkerson what God wants him to do or be.  Don't fall back in the trap of telling others what God wants them to do or be.  Rather, just get in our own private place with God and let God tell each of us what to be. ;)

Binaca Chugger said:

I think much of our problem lies in our goal of saving America, instead of worshiping God.  Yes, soul winning and church planting and missions and ministries - but not with the intent of saving America.  Rather, we should be engaged in these activities with intent to Honor God.  Fine line, isn't it?

Been reading the Bible and Tozer lately?  :)

BamaFan said:
My prayer for John is that he will simply hear and obey God , and ignore the letters and phone calls of many who will try to get him to be a little Jack Hyles.

And why would he want to do that when, "Anybody can be another Jackie Boy Hyles?"  :)

I wish the best for Pastor Wilkerson and his family.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Why yes, yes I have.  Did you enjoy the read?

Rumor has it that Pastor Wilkerson is..........interacting with people.........without body guards on hand!

Could it be that a leader at FBC/HAC believes himself only human?  Can you imagine the shock of a church member who actually gets to say hello to his pastor?

I heard that he caused quite a stir shaking hands after church.  I'm watching, and praying for fbch,  a lil light at the end of a long dark tunnel has appeared.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

He use to cut my nephews hair at HAC. Back then he was a good guy. His wife comes from a good family. I wish him the best. I have been listening to his Sermans online so different than the Jacks!

Binaca Chugger said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Why yes, yes I have.  Did you enjoy the read?

I made the post in jest, but if you have really been reading Tozer, he must have worn off on you. I have a good number of his works and enjoy them greatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamaFan said:
"Here's a thought. Why don't we all just get in our God given place and be who God wants us to be.."

that would mean that many pastors would have to get a real job.

throwncatchnrocks67 said:
BamaFan said:
"Here's a thought. Why don't we all just get in our God given place and be who God wants us to be.."

that would mean that many pastors would have to get a real job.

Are you saying that Jesus decision to call Peter, James, John, Matthew, etc. to forsake their jobs to proclaim the Gospel was a poor idea and provided us with a wrong example?

I am sure John W is a good guy and hope he does well for a lot of people there. However, they have already auctioned off his tie and hand written order of service from his first Sunday for a benefit. "Preacher is donating his tie, etc. etc. for this"!

No matter who you are, this has got to be hard to take and still keep your head on straight. I can't help but wonder if I had a group of people hanging on my every word and waiting in line for the bible I used last week and waiting in line to lick my feet: Would I still be able to be the lovable, humble, gracious, and wise person I am presently? ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know, Balaam,  if they only went for a couple of bucks apiece, that might be rather humbling.  ;)

BALAAM said:
I am sure John W is a good guy and hope he does well for a lot of people there. However, they have already auctioned off his tie and hand written order of service from his first Sunday for a benefit. "Preacher is donating his tie, etc. etc. for this"!

FBCH service:

[attachment deleted by admin]

BALAAM said:

FBCH ministry leader shepherding a member with a question:

BALAAM said:

FBCH Staff Meeting:

BALAAM said:

FBCH Leadership Think Tank:

What do you Hyles alumni think of the new Pastor?
As one on the outside looking in, he seems like a good candidate to turn the place around, in that he has a pretty good track record in his former church. I'm praying that God uses him to clean up the mess and make the church and ministry there profitable for the sake of the Kingdom!