FBC Homecoming

Are you talking about the HBHS Alumni thing last Friday?

Norefund said:

No. There was a conference this week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Norefund said:

There was an alumni thing?  They did a poor job of publicizing that!

Binaca Chugger said:
Norefund said:

There was an alumni thing?  They did a poor job of publicizing that!
To quote a horrible depressing 90's song, "You're Uninvited!

Anishinabe

One of the people who helped organize the HB alumni event specifically told me it was a "word of mouth" event. Not sure why they were so bent on not making it more public... I dunno. I went to it, it was nice for the most part. I think the organizers had good intentions and a good heart about it, but once again, don't know why it was only... "word of mouth."

Once upon a time, when I was in the area, they did not have reunions or publicize them when they happened because of all those punks who wanted to come back and flaunt their sin. 

Some people really did flaunt sin - intending to crash parties - others had just changed some standards.

It seemed to me that the selling points of the meeting was the presence of Max Price and Greg
Weber. This in turn resulted in a majority of the crowd being graduates of the 70's and 80's.... naturally.

Why would anyone want to see Greg Weber again?  Most of us still have bruises from the infamous index finger chest thumpings!

So, Back to the Homecoming thing...... Heard a CD of Johnny Pope's message. Classic, saying hello to everybody before he preached. Good sermon. Heard Wilkerson said the Homecoming was mainly for FBCH and anybody else who wanted to come was welcome to do so.