FBC invitation

Baptist City Holdout said:
Finally had time to listen to one of his messages all the way through on YT. Found a Sunday night that was only 29 minutes long. Between that and singing all the verses........ you know the place has gone stinkin' lib'ral. the message and delivery were refreshing. Wishing him well; still a little disturbed about the ingrained mentality of some of the people.

29 minutes on a Sunday night????  The place has gone liberal!!!

patriotic said:
longlivedunkin said:
Pastor Wilkerson has baptized someone a time or two at their request... Moffitt, Vogel, Woosley, Lutz, and a handful of other men are the usual "baptizers." Colsten is just not able to do it anymore for obvious reasons..

It is nice to see the pastor making it a little more personal for those professing faith. Not so mechanical and assembly line-ish.

Is he bring referred to and called "Pastor" Wilkerson instead of "Brother" Wilkerson? 

I have no problem with "Brother", but I like "Pastor So-and-So"  better than either "Brother So-and-So" or "Preacher".  There's a whole lot of difference between being a preacher and being a pastor.  I think many "Preachers" and "Brothers So-and-So" have forgotten how to be "Pastor So-and-So".

If they have forgotten how to pastor I doubt it is because they are referred to as Brother,, or Preacher

RAIDER said:
Finally had time to listen to one of his messages all the way through on YT. Found a Sunday night that was only 29 minutes long. Between that and singing all the verses........ you know the place has gone stinkin' lib'ral. the message and delivery were refreshing. Wishing him well; still a little disturbed about the ingrained mentality of some of the people.

Just think they'll meet a whole new crowd at Rally's and White Castle!
The bus workers might be able to get home before 1 in the morning!

16KJV11 said:

[/quote]

I wonder how long the preliminaries are as well as the post-sermon activities?

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

[/quote]

I'll probably make the trip out there one of these days just to spy.

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

I'll probably make the trip out there one of these days just to spy.
[/quote]

I look forward to your report!!

Still There said:
Yes, we are calling him Pastor Wilkerson.  And, I love how he does the invitation and how he asks each person who has accepted Christ as their saviour.  It was funny on Sunday, he even wore a blue shirt instead of white.  OMG.  I don't think anyone on the platform has ever worn anything other than white.  The kids at HB love it when he comes out to the schools.  He and Mrs. Wilkerson goes out to the lobby as soon as church is over and greets people.  It is so different.  As far as singing it's a hoot.  He starts the morning service with telling people what page to turn to and begins singing.  We sing all verses.  He's got Mrs. Colsten all flustered and Bro. Cuozzo, he's in a cloud sometimes.  Pastor can sing, too.

This gave me a warm feeling in my heart - something as simple as going out to greet the people.  How genuine.

Wishing him well; still a little disturbed about the ingrained mentality of some of the people.

You're right about the mentality, some of the people that used to post how much they loved Jack Schaap all the way until that court hearing now have found a new name to insert in the brackets and brag about how much they love brother Wilkerson. No no man worship or jockeying for position there is there.

On a brighter note, I was able to see something very telling in the lobby one day. John Wilkerson, Pastor Wilkerson, goes out and greets the people in the lobby after every service. This is a refreshing change, you do still have to wait your turn of course in a church this size but it is nice that he is among the people. I noticed one day there was a relatively new person to the church And Pastor Wilkerson greeted her and her family. Pastor Wilkerson asked her If she knew she was saying. She stated she was not certain. He then asked her and her family to come over to his house for a Sunday afternoon lunch With his family and opened his home to these new people I thought that was pretty cool.

Bravo said:
Wishing him well; still a little disturbed about the ingrained mentality of some of the people.

You're right about the mentality, some of the people that used to post how much they loved Jack Schaap all the way until that court hearing now have found a new name to insert in the brackets and brag about how much they love brother Wilkerson. No no man worship or jockeying for position there is there.

On a brighter note, I was able to see something very telling in the lobby one day. John Wilkerson, Pastor Wilkerson, goes out and greets the people in the lobby after every service. This is a refreshing change, you do still have to wait your turn of course in a church this size but it is nice that he is among the people. I noticed one day there was a relatively new person to the church And Pastor Wilkerson greeted her and her family. Pastor Wilkerson asked her If she knew she was saying. She stated she was not certain. He then asked her and her family to come over to his house for a Sunday afternoon lunch With his family and opened his home to these new people I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm amazed at what gets you all so excited.
I was talking to Bro. Cowling today and he said that he was so excited about JW b/c of the same things you are mentioning.
Y'all have been in a mega church waaaay too long.
That's just common place in many normal non-hacker churches.

16KJV11 said:
Bravo said:

I was talking to Bro. Cowling today and he said that he was so excited about JW b/c of the same things you are mentioning.

True, true.  Our pastor is always opening their home for folks.  Still, I think the excitement comes from FBCH folks never really seeing this at FBCH before.  I am hoping that the new atmosphere will go a long way to a new attitude among the folks there and that it won't be like a dictatorship amongst staff.

16KJV11 said:
To be honest I was in smaller IFB churches and this was still a rare thing, unless you were somebody (money, talent, a trade skill - esp during a building program).

You're right about the mentality, some of the people that used to post how much they loved Jack Schaap all the way until that court hearing now have found a new name to insert in the brackets and brag about how much they love brother Wilkerson.

Yes, I see that as well. Our new pastor likes to quote poetry. Here is mine, from a popular song: My head told my heart, let love grow. My heart told my head, this time no...this time, no.

I don't know what it is going to take, but I am just not open yet.