FBCH Spanish Ministry

I wonder why? I guess the Spanish church is going to lose some people then.

They have a congregation on the North side of Chicago that is running somewhere around 300.

He will be going up there to pastor it.

hystory2a.jpg

He is also getting to use the old building of Salem Baptist Church at 11800 South Indiana, which is on the south side just West of the Bishop Ford Expressway. Since they built the 10,000 seat House of Hope they do not use it on Sundays. Bro. Meeks offered it to them to use.

http://www.sbcoc.org/salem/

Thanks to Bro. Meeks generous offer they will have seating for around 1,500 between both locations.
Some will stay, some will go. Divide and multiply.

So is the Spanish ministry at FBCH is splitting or are they just going autonomous with Pastor Freddy?

nightbusheretic14 said:
So is the Spanish ministry at FBCH is splitting or are they just going autonomous with Pastor Freddy?

They will be a totally autonomous ecclesia, however we are helping them financially for a few months to get started.

The people who are now attending the congregation on the north side will not make any changes at all, some of those coming to Hammond will decide to go to the old Salem Baptist Church location on South Indiana.

Tentatively, we have a new Spanish assistant pastor coming in from California.
We will have less people coming to Hammond until we build it back up.

Wilkinson, where is that Spanish congregation on the north side? Specifically I mean... I'm just wondering how far away we are from each other.

Tom Brennan said:
Wilkinson, where is that Spanish congregation on the north side? Specifically I mean... I'm just wondering how far away we are from each other.

I do not know where it is other than it is in an area with a high concentration of Spanish speaking people.

bgwilkinson said:
Tom Brennan said:

I do not know where it is other than it is in an area with a high concentration of Spanish speaking people.

Well, that narrows it down... Ha!  :D

Tom Brennan said:
bgwilkinson said:
Tom Brennan said:

Well, that narrows it down... Ha!  :D

And another lesson to learn...

Four wheel drive doesn’t work on motorcycles.

;D

The Spanish Pastor isn't the only one leaving.  The grade school principal from Hammond Baptist has already moved. He moved to North Carolina. The youth pastor has already made his intentions known that he is looking for a church to pastor.

Gonefishin said:
The Spanish Pastor isn't the only one leaving.  The grade school principal from Hammond Baptist has already moved. He moved to North Carolina. The youth pastor has already made his intentions known that he is looking for a church to pastor.

Good. The place needs an entire staff turnover. Then I might trust it again. Might.

Tom Brennan said:
Gonefishin said:
The Spanish Pastor isn't the only one leaving.  The grade school principal from Hammond Baptist has already moved. He moved to North Carolina. 

The first few years at HBGS, there were principal changes each year, Dr Billings, Dewey Godwin, Bill Billings and Richard  Paasch.  Then  Auclair and Sisson were the principals for the next 30 years or so.  I wonder if a "revolving door" trend is setting to happen again?

tobytyler said:
The Spanish Pastor isn't the only one leaving.  The grade school principal from Hammond Baptist has already moved. He moved to North Carolina. 

The first few years at HBGS, there were principal changes each year, Dr Billings, Dewey Godwin, Bill Billings and Richard  Paasch.  Then  Auclair and Sisson were the principals for the next 30 years or so.  I wonder if a "revolving door" trend is setting to happen again?
[/quote]

If it means we will then have humble Godly servants rather than faux great men of God, I'm all for it and it can't happen soon enough for me.

Wilkinson, do you know any of these faux men that you are referring to?
Have you ever met them or shaken their hands?
Maybe you should get in there and show them true humility. 

Tom Brennan said:
Gonefishin said:

Good. The place needs an entire staff turnover. Then I might trust it again. Might.

Brennan,
Ever stop to think that the people who are leaving now, are doing it because of specific reasons? Maybe the 'turnover' should be occuring with the ones staying... 

pico said:
Tom Brennan said:
Gonefishin said:

Brennan,
Ever stop to think that the people who are leaving now, are doing it because of specific reasons? Maybe the 'turnover' should be occuring with the ones staying...

Pico,

It may do you well to read some old threads and get a feel of who the people are that you are addressing. It may not change your mind but it may make your challenges more reasonable.

Tom Brennan said:
Gonefishin said:

Very well said, Tom. Blunt, but well said.

Web said:
But then, doesn't that just send another weak pastor out to infect another church with the same weaknesses that kept them from being effective at FBCH?  I used to see that at my old IFB church/school... send the adulterous assistant pastors and gay school teachers off to some other church and school...

Weak is different than morally bankrupt. The latter should go sell cars. The former may very well grow once they are out of the hothouse environment that artificially pushed them in unbalanced directions. And even if the weak stay weak their bad influence in a smaller/normal ministry is not near as devastating as one in which they mold future pastors.

pico said:
Wilkinson, do you know any of these faux men that you are referring to?
Have you ever met them or shaken their hands?
Maybe you should get in there and show them true humility.

Pico,

Does your name 'Small' refer to your brain, or maybe something else?