First Dallas Christmas Program, Mrs. Hyles home church

Jack Hyles, I'm sure, would have no issue with this or his wife being a member there.

Bro. Hyles believed the Bible was God's word. Psalms 149 and 150.
Praise the LORD in the dance.
Glory to God.

Bruh said:
Jack Hyles, I'm sure, would have no issue with this or his wife being a member there.

She won't be able to sell DVD's of the program at the next IFB ladies conference she speaks for.... :D

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

She won't be able to sell DVD's of the program at the next IFB ladies conference she speaks for.... :D

Funny, isn't it, how many IFB will have Mrs. Hyles come and speak at their ladies' conference, yet they would preach against and not be in the same building with the pastor of this church.

RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

Funny, isn't it, how many IFB will have Mrs. Hyles come and speak at their ladies' conference, yet they would preach against and not be in the same building with the pastor of this church.
Very sad, hypocritical. :( :(

Bruh said:

Of course, you are kidding.  JH would have a fit

RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

I didn't think she was still invited to speak anywhere.

I can understand her attending there, regardless of JH principles - I believe that her sister attends there, and she doubtless wants to be with family at this time in her life.  I don't agree with her decision, but it is hers.  But I don't think IFB churches should be inviting her to speak unless they won't say anything against the SBC.

Walt said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

I didn't think she was still invited to speak anywhere.

I can understand her attending there, regardless of JH principles - I believe that her sister attends there, and she doubtless wants to be with family at this time in her life.  I don't agree with her decision, but it is hers.  But I don't think IFB churches should be inviting her to speak unless they won't say anything against the SBC.

Yes, she still speaks at IFB ladies' conferences.

RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

It is odd to me at least.
This goes to my earlier posts about IFB doctrine as opposed to fundamental Bible doctrine. It leads to inconsistency and subjective rules and decision making. Which leads to decline.

I think the so called new IFB's are looking to be more Biblically objective and consistent. I am not an IFB novice, but still smh a at the 'attacks' on Champion for changing methods while holding to orthodox doctrine.

I am not intending to attack, at all....just asking if this makes sense at any level to IFB true believers.

Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:

It is odd to me at least.
This goes to my earlier posts about IFB doctrine as opposed to fundamental Bible doctrine. It leads to inconsistency and subjective rules and decision making. Which leads to decline.

I think the so called new IFB's are looking to be more Biblically objective and consistent. I am not an IFB novice, but still smh a at the 'attacks' on Champion for changing methods while holding to orthodox doctrine.

I am not intending to attack, at all....just asking if this makes sense at any level to IFB true believers.

Obviously, you've forgotten a thing or two since your IFB days.

We don't allow this type of independent thinking here! From now on, we will look at you with suspicion and speak about you in hushed tones, when you come in our vicinity. The very act of asking that question leads us to think that you have no place with us because of your disloyalty.

Besides, we are already maintaining the lines on several fronts. We defend ourselves against the lazy liberals and the evil compromisers. Can't you see how hard we work here! Oh yeah, you're not working are you! You just sit around, way behind the front lines, thinking up questions to ask those of us that are always on the battle front. Are you so blind that you can't see that we're making a name for ourselves as we do something for God!

:) Forgot to add this and the note below.

Tarheel Baptist, I am certain that you and many others were not this way, from what has been explained by you on this forum.  The bizarre reality is that some may have been involved in or experienced some of this type of twisted thinking that apparently made up a fringe of the IFBX world of days gone by. Sad that the majority that we're not this way get very little attention this side of heaven.