Former Obama administration official arrested for Islamophobic language

But I suppose when a Muslim rails against a Christian, that's protected by the first amendment.

While it seems the guy was acting like the south side of a northbound camel, remember, it's a mighty thin slice of ham that doesn't have two sides, I think the most shocking part of this story is the fact that you can now be prosecuted in this country for speaking out against certain groups.

But I suppose when a Muslim rails against a Christian, that's protected by the first amendment.

While it seems the guy was acting like the south side of a northbound camel, remember, it's a mighty thin slice of ham that doesn't have two sides, I think the most shocking part of this story is the fact that you can now be prosecuted in this country for speaking out against certain groups.

I think the nature of the fellow’s behavior and speech was repugnant, but as you allude to I am concerned about the muzzling of what is defined as “hate speech”. That is especially true in relation to the pathetic double standard and hypocrisy of the snowflakes in the land.

I think the nature of the fellow’s behavior and speech was repugnant, but as you allude to I am concerned about the muzzling of what is defined as “hate speech”. That is especially true in relation to the pathetic double standard and hypocrisy of the snowflakes in the land.
Careful. Government hears you talking like this, you might end up in the slammer too.

Careful. Government hears you talking like this, you might end up in the slammer too.
you be careful as well ... ..... you said the word "ham" in reference to a muslim...😲 . the snowflake safe space security cops might be coming after you too...... you never know what will set off the dreaded quadriple s these days.... ;) ..j/k

Obama administration official... He'll probably receive no more than a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to.

The non muslim should have every right in our "free" country to call him any name he wants even if it's unkind AND the muslim in return should have every right to retort with any name he wants. This is so scary to me that indeed, one has to watch what one says in this "free" country. Scary indeed.

I agree with you if he was actually arrested for "hate speech" because of what he said but this seems more like stalking and harassment which no one should have to put up with and for which I also would want to press charges if some sleazeball kept hounding me and impeded my ability to run my business! I believe he could be charged with stalking, harassment, and trespassing because he wouldn't leave the window when the vendor asked him to do so.

The video I watched, it seemed like the vendor was quite reasonable and was not asking for trouble.

And if it were a Trump supporter, the news media would not have been nearly as nice as they were with this former Obama staffer!

The non muslim should have every right in our "free" country to call him any name he wants even if it's unkind AND the muslim in return should have every right to retort with any name he wants. This is so scary to me that indeed, one has to watch what one says in this "free" country. Scary indeed.
I agree, but I don't believe anyone has a right to come up to your place of business and harass you! Especially if he does so repeatedly.