Fundamentalism's Heyday... when was it?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

The moment you started teaching.

“Some folks rail against other folks, because other folks have what some folks would be glad of.”  ― Henry Fielding

admin said:
What events/years do you consider to be fundamentalism's best years?

Late 20's to late 40's. It was pretty much down hill after that. What most would call fundamentalism today (i.e., baptist fundamentalism) doesn't even resemble the historic movement that battled modernism. In fact, I think it is pretty safe to say that the average baptist fundamentalist pastor or <cough> "theologian" would be wholly unequipped for that fight.

freelance_christian said:
admin said:
What events/years do you consider to be fundamentalism's best years?

Late 20's to late 40's. It was pretty much down hill after that. What most would call fundamentalism today (i.e., baptist fundamentalism) doesn't even resemble the historic movement that battled modernism. In fact, I think it is pretty safe to say that the average baptist fundamentalist pastor or <cough> "theologian" would be wholly unequipped for that fight.

Yes, I believe many if not most of those who would call themselves IFB operate in an intellectual vacuum that is strong on loud opinionated preaching out of their overactive imaginations but deficient in satisfactory Biblical exegesis that informs the congregates of God's opinions in contradistinction to their own.

Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
TimbauxRioux said:
There was a such thing as the golden age of Deaf ministry

Read what some of the teachers post here.  I think we're in the golden age of blind ministry.

I've found this place a wonderful opportunity to minister an be ministered to by the Dumb!    :)

I'd like to add, FWIW, that I include myself in The Dumb on the FFF!
In fact, I am probably chief of the dumb tribe.

IFB was in it's heyday until a certain well-known BBF preacher walked away from them in the late 70's.  It has been ALL downhill since then, and will continue on life support, until men like marty, the real novice, Tom Brennan, frag, etc. will eventually get the plug pulled on their silly, man-made, standards committee.
BJU, TTU, BBC, etc. are mere shadows of what they used to be in the 70s-80's. You can't argue that.