Funny, sad and true at the same time.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
Both you and Rush are dense on this one on purpose. The question is what is the motive of a young man who grew up in middle class America to commit this horrible crime. Of all the young teenagers brought up in the Muslim faith in the US this is behavior so extreme that it causes one to want to know the motivation. The killer was not a loner (like the Charleston killer) and appeared quite well adjusted in high school and college. The only bias I see here is you and Rush wanting to fan anti-Muslim sentiments. 

Don't open your eyes while your head is in the sand. That will hurt.

Actually I would consider the one who can't see multiple points of view as the one with their head in the sand. This would be especially true when that person randomly posts articles that he has not verified and calls anyone that disagrees with him a liberal idiot. He adds to the perception when his strongest argument is "What a crock" when he disagrees. Funny, sad and true at the same time he claims to be a pastor :)

You, yet again, misrepresent my position.
Where have I ever claimed that anyone who disagrees with me is a liberal idiot?
The articles I post are there for all to read and decide whether or not they illustrate the idiocy of liberal, PC political philosophy.

The points renouncing political activity by a Pastor are, IMO, a crock. I don't see how I can add anything else. They are a crock....politicians and politics choose those people and philosophy that governs us, and no one should be prohibited from participation in the process...and given that, the points in that OP are weak, lame and...well, a crock. Again, IMO.

You think my head is in the sand because you misrepresent what I believe.
You already accused me of being pro confederate flag and not respecting those who were murdered in Charleston....basically calling me racist. Because you wish to argue with what you want me to be rather than what I am.

I am a Pastor who leads a congregation made up of a diverse group of people.
One of our ushers in last Sunday morning's second service is an attorney  with our county's District Attorney...our county's Democrat District Attorney.

Now, I repeat, liberal, PC policy is more often than not, idiotic.
The notion that a Pastor should be politically neutered is a crock.
I have not called you an idiot or a moron because you disagree with me...neither have I called you a racist.

I don't misrepresent you. You have a whole thread where you call liberals idiots. If you were putting the articles out there for people to decide you would not call it Proof Liberals are idiotic

You are free to say whatever you want but you respond with "what a crock" it makes it sound like you have no argument so you that is how you respond. You may not agree with a thought out post but being dismissive makes you sound like you have no argument. I would agree that a pastor should participate by voting and be knowledgeable  but to spend time each day posting anti-liberal nonsense doesn't seem like the role of a pastor. I would personally hard to respect you as a pastor with the way and manor you post. It seems neither Christ-like nor even overly intelligent. Why don't you say why the points are weak and lame rather than just saying they are weak and lame.

I already told you that I admire that you stopped in Charleston to pay respects to those murdered so that is a non-starter. You are difficult to follow on the confederate flag because you started off ranting about those who were against the confederate flag but not against Planned Parenthood. Then you said you were for the flag not being flown at Capitol Buildings. Then you said you blamed it on the left.  I don't believe you answered the post about whether people had the right to be offended by the flag.

I don't know what you are and don't really have anything I want you to be. The only thing I can do is read what you post and infer from what you post. I admit I have a hard time with people that take either extreme right or left views without being able to see other points of view. You come across that way on the forum. You may be very different but I can not see that. Your constant posting "proof liberals are idiots" really added to that perception. I have wondered why someone would post that stuff everyday on a forum where most people reading are conservative anyhow.

I will take your word for it that your church is diverse. One would not draw that conclusion from the picture you posted of VBS.

I will add that I think extreme conservative views are just as idiotic.

One thing you said that was not spin....you don't know me.
You argue against what you want me to say or be and not from the substance of the so called one sided articles I post......Curse those one sided videos that illustrate liberal idiocy...  ;)

Here is a suggestion....if liberal idiocy being pointed out and illustrated bothers you....stop reading my posts. If you do, it will take some of the fun out of it, but I will carry on! But if you choose not to take that advice, thanks for playing!

Have you noticed I'm not the only one here illustrating liberal idiocy?
The Tomato is also very creative and funny in so doing.
Liberalism isn't just populated by people who might say dumb things....Obama and his 57 states, for instance....liberalism is idiotic at its core....and illustrating it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

And it's also easy to tweak liberals....some of them are the most intolerant tolerant people.... ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
Both you and Rush are dense on this one on purpose. The question is what is the motive of a young man who grew up in middle class America to commit this horrible crime. Of all the young teenagers brought up in the Muslim faith in the US this is behavior so extreme that it causes one to want to know the motivation. The killer was not a loner (like the Charleston killer) and appeared quite well adjusted in high school and college. The only bias I see here is you and Rush wanting to fan anti-Muslim sentiments. 

Actually I would consider the one who can't see multiple points of view as the one with their head in the sand. This would be especially true when that person randomly posts articles that he has not verified and calls anyone that disagrees with him a liberal idiot. He adds to the perception when his strongest argument is "What a crock" when he disagrees. Funny, sad and true at the same time he claims to be a pastor :)

The articles I post are there for all to read and decide whether or not they illustrate the idiocy of liberal, PC political philosophy.

The points renouncing political activity by a Pastor are, IMO, a crock. I don't see how I can add anything else. They are a crock....politicians and politics choose those people and philosophy that governs us, and no one should be prohibited from participation in the process...and given that, the points in that OP are weak, lame and...well, a crock. Again, IMO.

You already accused me of being pro confederate flag and not respecting those who were murdered in Charleston....basically calling me racist. Because you wish to argue with what you want me to be rather than what I am.

One of our ushers in last Sunday morning's second service is an attorney  with our county's District Attorney...our county's Democrat District Attorney.

I have not called you an idiot or a moron because you disagree with me...neither have I called you a racist.

I don't misrepresent you. You have a whole thread where you call liberals idiots. If you were putting the articles out there for people to decide you would not call it Proof Liberals are idiotic

You are free to say whatever you want but you respond with "what a crock" it makes it sound like you have no argument so you that is how you respond. You may not agree with a thought out post but being dismissive makes you sound like you have no argument. I would agree that a pastor should participate by voting and be knowledgeable  but to spend time each day posting anti-liberal nonsense doesn't seem like the role of a pastor. I would personally hard to respect you as a pastor with the way and manor you post. It seems neither Christ-like nor even overly intelligent. Why don't you say why the points are weak and lame rather than just saying they are weak and lame.

I already told you that I admire that you stopped in Charleston to pay respects to those murdered so that is a non-starter. You are difficult to follow on the confederate flag because you started off ranting about those who were against the confederate flag but not against Planned Parenthood. Then you said you were for the flag not being flown at Capitol Buildings. Then you said you blamed it on the left.  I don't believe you answered the post about whether people had the right to be offended by the flag.

I don't know what you are and don't really have anything I want you to be. The only thing I can do is read what you post and infer from what you post. I admit I have a hard time with people that take either extreme right or left views without being able to see other points of view. You come across that way on the forum. You may be very different but I can not see that. Your constant posting "proof liberals are idiots" really added to that perception. I have wondered why someone would post that stuff everyday on a forum where most people reading are conservative anyhow.

I will take your word for it that your church is diverse. One would not draw that conclusion from the picture you posted of VBS.

You argue against what you want me to say or be and not from the substance of the so called one sided articles I post......Curse those one sided videos that illustrate liberal idiocy...  ;)

Here is a suggestion....if liberal idiocy being pointed out and illustrated bothers you....stop reading my posts. If you do, it will take some of the fun out of it, but I will carry on! But if you choose not to take that advice, thanks for playing!Y
Liberalism isn't just populated by people who might say dumb things....Obama and his 57 states, for instance....liberalism is idiotic at its core....and illustrating it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

And it's also easy to tweak liberals....some of them are the most intolerant tolerant people.... ;)

If illustrating liberalism is idiotic at its core and illustrating it is like shooting fish in a barrel then you are one pathetic shooter :) You are kinda easy to tweak yourself.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
subllibrm said:
LongGone said:

Here is a suggestion....if liberal idiocy being pointed out and illustrated bothers you....stop reading my posts. If you do, it will take some of the fun out of it, but I will carry on! But if you choose not to take that advice, thanks for playing!Y

If illustrating liberalism is idiotic at its core and illustrating it is like shooting fish in a barrel then you are one pathetic shooter :) You are kinda easy to tweak yourself.

Thanks for playing.... ;D

As someone who lives in Chattanooga and is experiencing the aftermath of the shootings in a very hurting community, I'd like to offer a couple of insights.

One, if the shooter's motivation was Islam, on a local level all he managed to do was solidify the local Islamic community with their neighbors. The local Muslim community has been, from the beginning, vocal in their condemnation of his actions and supportive of the police and military in our area. Their leaders cancelled end of Ramadan services (akin to cancelling Easter for Christians) and instead participated in a community-wide prayer service, their Imam on stage with Christian and Jewish leaders of the community in a show of solidarity, with thousands of our townspeople in attendance. I have seen Muslims at the memorials set up at the scenes of the shootings, planting flags and praying, along with hundreds of others of all faiths. The local Muslim community has raised several thousand dollars to go to the families of the victims. While this only speaks to the Muslims in our local community, it does show that they don't all agree with a Jihadist mindset.

One of the soldier's funerals was last Friday. If you youtube it, you will see streets lined with thousands of people, all respectful and heartbroken over what has happened. You will also see 800 Patriot Riders as part of the processional. What you won't see are any of the idiots from Westboro Baptist who came to our area to protest the funeral. If any protesters had gotten through the people lining the church, the processional route, and the cemetery five and six deep for miles, and then gotten past the hundreds of Patriot Guards, our police had orders to arrest them on the spot for violation of the protected memorial sites ordinance our mayor signed last week.

So, what we have in our community is a Muslim youth who stopped attending services at the local mosque here a couple of years ago, who's last encounter with the local police was when he was arrested a few months ago for DUI, carrying out an act of terror in the name of a religion that he seems to have abandoned. Then we have the local practitioners of that religion behaving in the most respectful way possible to the victims, their families, and our community, even raising thousands of dollars for the families of the victims. On the other hand, we have to guard the funeral from people who claim to follow Christ yet behave with hatred toward their fellow man and rejoice in the deaths of others.

I say all of that to say, what we are seeing here, where the violence happened, is much different, and much more complicated than the news will ever show. We were struck by an Islamic terrorist, and then harassed by Christian hatemongers. I can't understand either one. I just know that if Westboro Baptist doesn't represent my faith, I have to allow my Muslim neighbors the same grace and understand that Abdulazeez may not represent theirs.

samspade said:
As someone who lives in Chattanooga and is experiencing the aftermath of the shootings in a very hurting community, I'd like to offer a couple of insights.

One, if the shooter's motivation was Islam, on a local level all he managed to do was solidify the local Islamic community with their neighbors. The local Muslim community has been, from the beginning, vocal in their condemnation of his actions and supportive of the police and military in our area. Their leaders cancelled end of Ramadan services (akin to cancelling Easter for Christians) and instead participated in a community-wide prayer service, their Imam on stage with Christian and Jewish leaders of the community in a show of solidarity, with thousands of our townspeople in attendance. I have seen Muslims at the memorials set up at the scenes of the shootings, planting flags and praying, along with hundreds of others of all faiths. The local Muslim community has raised several thousand dollars to go to the families of the victims. While this only speaks to the Muslims in our local community, it does show that they don't all agree with a Jihadist mindset.

One of the soldier's funerals was last Friday. If you youtube it, you will see streets lined with thousands of people, all respectful and heartbroken over what has happened. You will also see 800 Patriot Riders as part of the processional. What you won't see are any of the idiots from Westboro Baptist who came to our area to protest the funeral. If any protesters had gotten through the people lining the church, the processional route, and the cemetery five and six deep for miles, and then gotten past the hundreds of Patriot Guards, our police had orders to arrest them on the spot for violation of the protected memorial sites ordinance our mayor signed last week.

So, what we have in our community is a Muslim youth who stopped attending services at the local mosque here a couple of years ago, who's last encounter with the local police was when he was arrested a few months ago for DUI, carrying out an act of terror in the name of a religion that he seems to have abandoned. Then we have the local practitioners of that religion behaving in the most respectful way possible to the victims, their families, and our community, even raising thousands of dollars for the families of the victims. On the other hand, we have to guard the funeral from people who claim to follow Christ yet behave with hatred toward their fellow man and rejoice in the deaths of others.

I say all of that to say, what we are seeing here, where the violence happened, is much different, and much more complicated than the news will ever show. We were struck by an Islamic terrorist, and then harassed by Christian hatemongers. I can't understand either one. I just know that if Westboro Baptist doesn't represent my faith, I have to allow my Muslim neighbors the same grace and understand that Abdulazeez may not represent theirs.

Excellent.

samspade said:

Two different sides of the same coin!

If some disconnected IFB kid goes off his rocker and shoots up a place we would say that he was off his rocker. We wouldn't blame it on IFB. Well, most of us wouldn't.

To clarify....is anyone here saying that Westboro Baptist loons are the same as militant Islamic terrorists?

Westboro is one 'church' composed of mostly one family....less than 20 idiots!
Islamic terrorism is world wide, and has killed thousands of people.

I agree with Sam that there is some middle ground to calling all Muslims terrorists, but....

There are people stoning homosexuals in the name of Jesus. In fact, several "Christian" nations give the death penalty for people caught doing so.

rsc2a said:
There are people stoning homosexuals in the name of Jesus. In fact, several "Christian" nations give the death penalty for people caught doing so.

I am surprised to hear that.
Of the 10 nations who execute gays, all 10 are Muslim...at least that is my understanding.

Is it your position that Muslims terrorists are no more prevalent than Christian extremists? That Westboro Baptist or a Christian who would persecute gays are an apples to apples comparison to Worldwide Islamic terrorism?

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

I am surprised to hear that.
Of the 10 nations who execute gays, all 10 are Muslim...at least that is my understanding.

I was mistaken. I was specifically thinking of Uganda and they changed it to lifetime imprisonment.

Is it your position that Muslims terrorists are no more prevalent than Christian extremists? That Westboro Baptist or a Christian who would persecute gays are an apples to apples comparison to Worldwide Islamic terrorism?

They are both definitely prevalent. Here is America you'll more Christian extremists; other places, Muslim.

Individual extremists of both types are apples to apples. Globally, Islamic terrorism is a bigger problem, but that might be more due to opportunity than ideology.

Tarheel Baptist said:
To clarify....is anyone here saying that Westboro Baptist loons are the same as militant Islamic terrorists?

I agree with Sam that there is some middle ground to calling all Muslims terrorists, but....

The point of the post was that the world is a lot more complex than the sound bites and talking points our politicians and news-people make it out to be. There aren't simple answers to complex problems, as much as we'd like to believe otherwise.

Was Abdulazeez a Muslim terrorist? Absolutely. Did he do incredible damage to my community and several families in it? Yes. Those facts aren't in debate (except in Washington apparently). His actions were self-condemning to reasonable people everywhere.

However, the people from Westboro claim to follow my God and my Christ. If I don't condemn those actions, I am giving non-Christians the right to lump us all together. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be in that group. And, since they do claim to be part of my faith community, I should condemn them as strongly as possible. They aren't the same as Islamic terrorists. But Islamic terrorists actions don't reflect badly on me or my faith. Westboro's actions do.

samspade said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

The point of the post was that the world is a lot more complex than the sound bites and talking points our politicians and news-people make it out to be. There aren't simple answers to complex problems, as much as we'd like to believe otherwise.

Was Abdulazeez a Muslim terrorist? Absolutely. Did he do incredible damage to my community and several families in it? Yes. Those facts aren't in debate (except in Washington apparently). His actions were self-condemning to reasonable people everywhere.

However, the people from Westboro claim to follow my God and my Christ. If I don't condemn those actions, I am giving non-Christians the right to lump us all together. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be in that group. And, since they do claim to be part of my faith community, I should condemn them as strongly as possible. They aren't the same as Islamic terrorists. But Islamic terrorists actions don't reflect badly on me or my faith. Westboro's actions do.

Considering Westboro Baptist:
I agree that they should be condemned by Christians...and think they are.
They are only a small group, less than 20 adults from basically one family, hardly anywhere near the mainstream of Christianity. If Muslim terrorists were as few and as isolated from the mainstream, the world would have little to fear from them.

Tarheel Baptist said:
samspade said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

They are only a small group, less than 20 adults from basically one family, hardly anywhere near the mainstream of Christianity. If Muslim terrorists were as few and as isolated from the mainstream, the world would have little to fear from them.

And cops are a bigger threat to human life in America than Muslims are (in America). Conservative racists are instilling terror toward blacks than are Muslims. Where is the outrage against police brutality? Against the Con-flagtivists? Nah, we just say blacks are 'too sensitive'. Cops are 'protecting themselves'.

Terror is in the eyes of the fearful and evidence has shown that in this country, better to fear the cops and racists than Muslims.

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
samspade said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

And cops are a bigger threat to human life in America than Muslims are (in America). Conservative racists are instilling terror toward blacks than are Muslims. Where is the outrage against police brutality? Against the Con-flagtivists? Nah, we just say blacks are 'too sensitive'. Cops are 'protecting themselves'.

Terror is in the eyes of the fearful and evidence has shown that in this country, better to fear the cops and racists than Muslims.

What a crock!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/02/memphis-police-officer-shot-and-killed-during-traffic-stop/?intcmp=hpbt1