FYI: Jack Hyles' Original Belief on Inspiration

TidesofTruth

Elect
Reaction score
In case anyone ever wondered where a clear definition stated by Jack Hyles of what he clearly believed on inspiration before the change it, it is given in his sermon "How to Fire a Preacher"
Now if you have one of these little preachers who doesn't believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, if he says this Bible is not inspired literally, every jot, every tittle, every word [size=12pt]in the original inspired of God[/size]; if he says it is only thought inspired, FIRE HIM! If you can't fire him, get out. Some folks say, "But Grandaddy is buried in the cemetery behind the church." Well, dig him up and take him over to another cemetery. I am sick in my soul of people dying in a cold, liberal, dead church because a tombstone is in the back yard. If you can't fire the liberal, then get out of his church and go where somebody can preach the Word of God to your family.
Just wanted to put this here for reference

Yep that's the historic Baptist position (London Baptist Confession of Faith 1689) not the Neo-Fundamentalist doctrine that the versions are word for word jot and tittle inspired. (Double Inspiration)

bgwilkinson said:
Yep that's the historic Baptist position (London Baptist Confession of Faith 1689) not the Neo-Fundamentalist doctrine that the versions are word for word jot and tittle inspired. (Double Inspiration)
I would think that the Board of Directors might want to make this (London Baptist Confession of Faith 1689) a prerequisite to be memorized (with only the slightest variation if required) to graduate HAC. 

TidesofTruth said:
In case anyone ever wondered where a clear definition stated by Jack Hyles of what he clearly believed on inspiration before the change it, it is given in his sermon "How to Fire a Preacher"
Now if you have one of these little preachers who doesn't believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, if he says this Bible is not inspired literally, every jot, every tittle, every word [size=12pt]in the original inspired of God[/size]; if he says it is only thought inspired, FIRE HIM! If you can't fire him, get out. Some folks say, "But Grandaddy is buried in the cemetery behind the church." Well, dig him up and take him over to another cemetery. I am sick in my soul of people dying in a cold, liberal, dead church because a tombstone is in the back yard. If you can't fire the liberal, then get out of his church and go where somebody can preach the Word of God to your family.

Yes, that is the position I was used to hearing all the time until the whole Ruckman / Riplinger business started up.

Walt said:
TidesofTruth said:

Yes, that is the position I was used to hearing all the time until the whole Ruckman / Riplinger business started up.

Actually, Dr. Hyles' change in KJV beliefs was actually a result of time spent with Dr. Rolland Rasmussen.

RAIDER said:
Walt said:
TidesofTruth said:

Actually, Dr. Hyles' change in KJV beliefs was actually a result of time spent with Dr. Rolland Rasmussen.
And Jack Patterson.

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
Walt said:
TidesofTruth said:

And Jack Patterson.

It would be dangerous to disagree with Jack Patterson.

RAIDER said:
Walt said:
TidesofTruth said:

I always thought it was because of his time spent with Jennie :)