Gave a Luster of Midday to All Objects Below

Snow is accumulating at about an inch an hour.

We're expecting snow ❄️❄️ Monday and Tuesday. We live in the boondocks where they don't treat the roads, so my wife may be staying home for a couple of days. Even with a half an inch it will be hard to get out. We both know how to drive in the snow, but it freezes and becomes ice and is then covered by snow. It's just a frustrating mess.

We're expecting snow ❄️❄️ Monday and Tuesday. We live in the boondocks where they don't treat the roads, so my wife may be staying home for a couple of days. Even with a half an inch it will be hard to get out. We both know how to drive in the snow, but it freezes and becomes ice and is then covered by snow. It's just a frustrating mess.
Sounds like around here, only everyone continues... Lewiston schools are on two hour delay today and we've been told to show up a half hour early and make sure our buses are chained up.

Right now, it's 16° on my porch and there appears to be 4" snow in the yard. I live down by the river; the bus yard is up in the Orchards about 700 ft higher in elevation.

It will be an interesting day.

It's heading towards 0° Fahrenheit out on my porch right now. I live near the river in the bottom of the valley so, I'm sure it's well below 0 as you get up into the hills nearby.

One nice thing is the few inches of snow we got last night is acting as an insulation layer on our roof and our furnace isn't working as hard to keep the house warm.

1000001345.jpg

Last edited:
Just glad I'm not in Great Falls MT. It's -33° there right now.🥶

1000001346.jpg
That's -8.

Our front door is cold to the touch. Stepping outside, I took a breath and about gagged.

My first blog post in nearly a year and a half...

A follow-up

reminds me of our hunting trip in the northwest we took years ago.... it was around this same
time of year... - mid january in fact.... .it snowed the entire time.... and one night on our
way to the cabin site it actually did look like this under an almost full moon....

l_51a8b2ebe8b603272ae9baf787e0c458.jpg

but once at the cabin it was mostly like this..... which was still nice - as long as i was inside
the cabin and next to the fireplace.... i was never so cold in my entire life as being out in that

weather hunting for an elk to put an arrow into... .we got one so the trip was well worth it...
. . but i wouldn;t travel anywhere to see this again without something like a once in a lifetime

hunting trip as the reason.... i was born for the tropics... :cool:

Last edited:
More and more of our friends are becoming snow birds... IOW we're getting OLD. After this latest cold snap, the wife is thinking about snow birding.

More and more of our friends are becoming snow birds... IOW we're getting OLD. After this latest cold snap, the wife is thinking about snow birding.
i had to look that up.... .i got everything from snowbird ski resorts in utah to arctic terns and john james audubon..... none of it made sense until i hit on a site about older americans who live in the northern u.s. - but travel south... (usually florida) for the winter ... then back home to the north for the summer.... :unsure: .... then i realized we actually have seasonal residents here and some actually owning apartments in our building from both northern and southern hemispheres.... ...people from canada and northern u.s. who live here during the winter..... and a few from australia who live here during our summer months... .(which is australias winter)..... both groups tend to be people who are very wealthy.. .....i don;t know them well but i have heard them talking about their travels.... ...i never did hear them referred to as snowbirds though... .. this is a first.......... so.... .. i learned something today... 😃(y)

i had to look that up.... .i got everything from snowbird ski resorts in utah to arctic terns and john james audubon..... none of it made sense until i hit on a site about older americans who live in the northern u.s. - but travel south... (usually florida) for the winter ... then back home to the north for the summer.... :unsure: .... then i realized we actually have seasonal residents here and some actually owning apartments in our building from both northern and southern hemispheres.... ...people from canada and northern u.s. who live here during the winter..... and a few from australia who live here during our summer months... .(which is australias winter)..... both groups tend to be people who are very wealthy.. .....i don;t know them well but i have heard them talking about their travels.... ...i never did hear them referred to as snowbirds though... .. this is a first.......... so.... .. i learned something today... 😃(y)
Yes. Snow birds of wealthier means flock to places such as Florida or Hawaii but those of us of more modest means, who live in the Pacific NW and the upper plains, tend to migrate to the desert; southern Nevada and Arizona.

TBH, while that area enjoys mild winters it gets CROWDED. Angela doesn't even like me going to Walmart on a Saturday because she won't throw my bail if I step off on someone. I'd need something that isn't so populated. I'm thinking about sniffing around the South when we go there on vacation this summer.