George Orwell on "separation"

rsc2a

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
"If he were allowed contact with foreigners he would discover that they are creatures similar to himself and that most of what he has been told about them is lies. The sealed world in which he lives would be broken, and the fear, hatred, and self-righteousness on which his morale depends might evaporate." - 1984

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.  3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.  4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.  5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.  6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

You quote Orwell, Dawin, and Hitchens.  I'll stick with David, Paul, and Jesus.

Paul? The guy who became all things to all men?

Jesus?  The friend of sinners and tax collectors?

Orthodox Jews still refuse full Shabbat to any Gentile.

Recovering IFB said:
ALAYMAN said:
  I'll stick with David, Paul, and Jesus.
You mean you quote Finney, Sunday, Hyles, Frag, TB, Papabear,.......

He quotes whoever agrees with him at the moment, even if he would slander that person in any other scenario. 

That's why he uses commentary instead of scripture to support his "views".

Recovering IFB said:
ALAYMAN said:

I said what I meant Horton.  You and you buddies have quite the penchant for ignoring what people say and forcing your own words in their mouths so that you can exorcise your Xer past demons .

The Rogue Tomato said:
Recovering IFB said:
ALAYMAN said:

He quotes whoever agrees with him at the moment, even if he would slander that person in any other scenario. 

More immature slander that rsc2a loves to wag his finger at, yet I'll bet dollars to donuts that  he'll be conspicuously silent this time. 8)

The Rogue Tomato said:
He quotes whoever agrees with him at the moment...

We all do that. That is a part of educating one's self, to gather different viewpoints and come to as reasonable a conclusion as one can find. In the process, we all quote people with whose position we agree on particular matters. Nothing wrong with that.

The Rogue Tomato said:
...even if he would slander that person in any other scenario.

Alayman and I have had our obvious disagreements but never once do I recall him 'slandering' me, even when he is diametrically opposed to what I am arguing/mentioning.

ALAYMAN said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Recovering IFB said:
ALAYMAN said:

More immature slander that rsc2a loves to wag his finger at, yet I'll bet dollars to donuts that  he'll be conspicuously silent this time. 8)

Simple question: do you selectively use others' commentaries ignoring all the parts of their theology you don't agree worth,  parts that may have led them to the conclusions you then quote?

Wait...never mind.  I remember you arguing with Martin Luther about Martin Luther's views when you tried to quote mine from him and I pulled out his writings.

Let's try the other claim...that you ignore Scripture when you don't like the implications.  Oh yeah...we are currently discussing that very issue when a little girl cited Scripture to answer a question you had,  Scripture you quickly dismissed.

So where is the slander?

rsc2a said:
ALAYMAN said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Recovering IFB said:
ALAYMAN said:

Simple question: do you selectively use others' commentaries ignoring all the parts of their theology you don't agree worth,  parts that may have led them to the conclusions you then quote?

Wait...never mind.  I remember you arguing with Martin Luther about Martin Luther's views when you tried to quote mine from him and I pulled out his writings.

Let's try the other claim...that you ignore Scripture when you don't like the implications.  Oh yeah...we are currently discussing that very issue when a little girl cited Scripture to answer a question you had,  Scripture you quickly dismissed.

So where is the slander?

Baptismal Regeneration, I'm again it.  Surprise, I'm a Baptist.  That doesn't mean I ignore those Scriptures, it just might mean I disagree with your interpretation and hermeneutic.  Of course you knew that already, and choose to obtusely ignore those facts in order to continue the false narrative.

Well, a atst anyways. Not really keen on the P or the I. Kind of wishy washy on the B too.

And not Baptist in the historical sense either.

How are you Baptist again?

Smellin Coffee said:
Alayman and I have had our obvious disagreements but never once do I recall him 'slandering' me, even when he is diametrically opposed to what I am arguing/mentioning.

I wasn't talking about people on FFF.  What I meant is that when he disagrees with a commentary quote, he assassinates the character of the writer of that Biblical commentary in order to discredit his views. 

And then he turns around and quotes that same writer's commentary if in that one case the commentary supports his position. 

It's hypocritical to do that (surprise surprise). 

I have no problem when people only agree with a few things a writer says.  The problem is when he assassinates the character of that same writer when he disagrees. 

It's like when a writer says something that supports your opinion, he's all cool n stuff.  But when he says something that disagrees with your opinion, that writer must be wrong because he's got cooties.

rsc2a said:
Well, a atst anyways. Not really keen on the P or the I. Kind of wishy washy on the B too.

Excuse me? 

Regardless of your diversionary efforts, no Baptist in the history of Baptists has interpreted any Scripture verse to mean that it washes away sin.  No sacerdotalism here.  This is just another effort on your part to be intentionally obtuse about the fact that you can't corroborate your bias against me.  TRT slandered me and you are more than happy to continue the lie.  It speaks volumes about your hypocritical call to a higher standard of ethics and integrity.  But I'm not surprised.

ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

Excuse me? 

Regardless of your diversionary efforts, no Baptist in the history of Baptists has interpreted any Scripture verse to mean that it washes away sin.  No sacerdotalism here.  This is just another effort on your part to be intentionally obtuse about the fact that you can't corroborate your bias against me.  TRT slandered me and you are more than happy to continue the lie.  It speaks volumes about your hypocritical call to a higher standard of ethics and integrity.  But I'm not surprised.

Great! You've got the first "T". Still blatantly ignoring 2 1/2 of the other Baptist distinctives. Maybe you're 60% Baptist?

rsc2a said:
ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

Excuse me? 

Great! You've got the first "T". Still blatantly ignoring 2 1/2 of the other Baptist distinctives. Maybe you're 60% Baptist?

There's no sincerity at all in your post, no respect.  Nothing to indicate you have an ounce of belief in your lofty "dignity" expectations. 

For the record, it is clear that no Baptist has ever expected sins to be washed away by baptism, ever.  Now if you want to believe that junk/heresy then be my guest (as a Baptist I believe in soul liberty, we are credited with that one too), so you have no ground to continue your obtusity.

[quote author=ALAYMAN]For the record, it is clear that no Baptist has ever expected sins to be washed away by baptism, ever.  Now if you want to believe that junk/heresy then be my guest (as a Baptist I believe in soul liberty, we are credited with that one too), so you have no ground to continue your obtusity.
[/quote]

Soul liberty...except for yoga pants and whatever other supposed stumbling blocks you want to force others to protect you from.

aleshanee said:
he called me a liar and depraved over something he thought i was insinuating..... ......

I apologized for misunderstanding you.  You accepted that apology.  Now you bring it back up.  Not cool.

Recovering IFB said:
Not cool you call people names here then bitch and moan and cry foul when others do it to you....

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

And I ain't complaining.  I'm pointing out her inconsistency.  If I told you the things she's said about you in PM it would be clearer how messed up this is getting, but I don't roll that way.