God Decrees All Things That Come to Pass

What about a child rapist or an axe murder. Did God create them to be such or did he create man with a freewill and a fallen nature (from Adam) and then permitted them to do what they choose to do. Did he decree they commit unspeakable acts or did he give them freewill and then allow it to come to pass. Did God force them to act this way or just allowed it.

Some could say God could have created man with such a moral compass that he could never do such wicked things but he did not.

For redemption to have the meaning it does God allowed us to chose sin if we so willed and then provided a way for that sin to be forgiven. I agree with the statement "it was all about the cross and about making a way for us to be forgiven for our sins. By creating man with a freewill God knew we would sin.

Last edited:
I like the question about Satan. Did God create Satan to sin or did he create Satan with freewill and he chose to sin.

Was Satan and the other Acrh angels always in Heaven. At what point in eternity were they created. Could God have created Satan such that he could not turn on God and to always be loyal?

These questions are way above my pay grade but they are interesting to consider.

For those that lean Calvinistic why would God create man with no hope for redemption. Why did'nt he just create those he would allow to be saved and not create the rest. What is the purpose of the non-elect in Gods plan. If hell was not created for us then why create humans who have not option but go there. Do you believe the book of life is already written and individuals have no input, no control if there name will / is written there?

Matt: 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, "prepared for the devil and his angels".

What about a child rapist or an axe murder.

"The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble" (Prov. 16:4).

So yes, God decreed even the child rapist for a purpose. We may not know what that purpose is, but we know that it comes from a good God and therefore is for good.

The alternative is that God allows child rape and does nothing to stop it, because he values the free will of criminals more than the health and safety of little girls.

For those that lean Calvinistic why would God create man with no hope for redemption.

He didn't create them with no hope.

"The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead." (Acts 17:30-31)​

Jesus Christ was publicly crucified and raised from the dead as a sign from God that sin and death have been defeated, and hence he calls all people everywhere to repent. Christ is their hope. There is no other. If they will not look upon him and believe, that's on them.

Why did'nt he just create those he would allow to be saved and not create the rest. What is the purpose of the non-elect in Gods plan.

He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. (Rom. 9: 15-18)​

God raised up Pharaoh so that he would be humiliated by the Israelites' escape from Egypt. It broadcast God's power and glory to the world. In God's economy, some people exist to serve as a warning to others, and "unless you repent, you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3).

Do you believe the book of life is already written and individuals have no input, no control if there name will / is written there?

he dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast. (Rev. 17:8)​

The book of life was written "from the foundation of the world," which is a figurative way of saying before anyone was born. How much input does anyone have into the contents of a book that was written before they were born?

And the cause-effect relationship is also clear: they marvel at the beast because they are not in the book. Except for that act of mercy on God's part, we would all be worshipping with them. Only a perversion of the Gospel of life can take an act of God's love for his special people, and treat it like an act of injustice committed against the ungodly.

This thread reminds me of threads yrs past here at the FFF except we're a little nicer now then back then :) . Some yrs back when at kregels used book store {which is shut down now} in Grand Rapids, Mr Kregel told me that the song leader at his church whore shorts at his services. And I've seen it at my home church. My question is:

Did God decree that we dress like slobs at church or is that just us?

Just wondering.........:)

This thread reminds me of threads yrs past here at the FFF except we're a little nicer now then back then :) . Some yrs back when at kregels used book store {which is shut down now} in Grand Rapids, Mr Kregel told me that the song leader at his church whore shorts at his services. And I've seen it at my home church. My question is:

Did God decree that we dress like slobs at church or is that just us?

Just wondering.........:)
The hairs of your head are numbered. That's some attention to detail, there. More attention than you seem to be giving Him credit for. ;)

"The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble" (Prov. 16:4).

So yes, God decreed even the child rapist for a purpose. We may not know what that purpose is, but we know that it comes from a good God and therefore is for good.

The alternative is that God allows child rape and does nothing to stop it, because he values the free will of criminals more than the health and safety of little girls.
Using that same logic if it were so important to God to protect little girls and children, they would never be assaulted in the first place. Now, this is man's reasoning, not necessarily my own.