graduated from OBC? big deal!

His method was bad and arrogant. Timothy was timid as are many young are today.
If that pastor discouraged timid men from entering the ministry, did you he not cause the freshmen to stumble?
Will God hold that man accountable for discouraging freshmen from obeying God?
I'm not sure it was either bad or arrogant. Have you seen the destruction done by men who clearly had no business in the ministry? I don't know many who are truly called that are going to let one person prevent them from serving God as they are called. How might Jack Schaap's life been different if in the college years someone sat him down and asked him if he was sure this was his calling?

Dr. Bob Gray rebuke me to my face for not wearing a tie to church, before I even attended OBC as a student
And yet you still chose to go? Admittedly I came to the IFB in a less standard way and so I think in some ways they held less control over me than they might have of someone growing up in it. I was saved and a member of a conservative evangelical church prior to switching to IFB. So in my time with the IFB I didn't try to live their convictions. In fact sometimes my wife would try to convince me to fit in more. She would say what will they say if you do this or don't do that. My response was always the same, "it's a free country they may say whatever they like".

The IFB "camp" certainly has developed for itself a reputation for being eager to condemn and criticize people over such issues as dress codes (women's slacks, men not wearing ties), hair styles, Bible versions, music, amusements, holidays, etc. Word has gotten around over the decades, that this what the IFB movement is all about. Those who enjoy being tightly controlled, lambasted and highly criticized over every little thing when they come to church will be attracted to the IFB movement. Those who don't care for that sort of thing will stay away. It appears that for the most part, most people are staying away. I think that the IFB camp needs a total makeover and change of image - start allowing Christian liberty and stop trying to micromanage people's lives and intimidate them by hypercritical and excessive fault-finding and accusing of the brethren. I am sure that there are many IFB pastors and churches that would agree with what I am saying, but there are others who will say "Naaaah, we can't change, any change would be compromise," because to them, controlling and condemning people is the essence and basis of what their whole movement or "camp" is all about.

OBC produced the World Famous Evangelist Caleb Garraway. OBC's most famous dropout is Jesse (Stone) Jackson who's now a world famous bodybuilder and seeker sensitive liberal who hates the military/law enforcement, is pro BLM and anti-America and is a Joe Biden Supporter. Also another former OBC preacher boy was Joel McCarty who's now a seeker sensitive liberal megachurch pastor who worships Steven Furtick and Joe Biden and strongly supports BLM.

Jim Vineyard certainly was famous and even put out records back in the day. Back when he was friends with Jerry Falwell and before Falwell became a liberal who worshiped Paul Crouch. Jim Vineyard as well as the famous Jack Hyles inspired Caleb Garraway into preaching!

Vineyard.jpg