Great books you’ve read.

941b40c14cde32f2931ffa119bb0eb39.jpeg

just kidding.... i never read that book.... ... never even seen a real copy of it... ..
but i rmember it being referred to on the forums a few times... .usually jokingly of
course.... .and once when someone thought my avatar showed me with short hair... 😜

I just wanted to know the depth, and they both confirmed that there was a lot more they did not publish. Especially Voyle. He knew a lot of things that he did not want to get sued for, so he did not say anything. It just confirmed my long held suspicions on Hyles. My first time there in 1987, I was overwhelmed with how they were a picture of the Pharisees in their long robes and phylacteries, but held off judgment for a long time because one of my closest friends had drunk the kool-aid and still to this day brags about his closeness to DH and Schaap.
I at one time really liked JH. But in 1982 there were a lot of things floating around about him and Mrs. Nischik, and about DH. I had had some suspicions from when I had gone to Hammond to look at attending HAC. The man worship was so thick in the air it was nauseating. I went back home with an intense distrust of all things Hyles. Then while at MBBC, my then fiance and I were amongst a group of students whom JH was addressing while he was signing Bibles, JH said that we all needed to transfer from MBBC and go to HAC the next semester because Dr. Cedarholm was "losing his mind" (he was starting with dementia) and was bringing in Dr. Weniger from Calvary Baptist in Bloomington/Normal Illinois, and that this move would destroy MBBC. I lost any remnants of respect I had for him at that time. I never spoke to Hyles again.

View attachment 4990

just kidding.... i never read that book.... ... never even seen a real copy of it... ..
but i rmember it being referred to on the forums a few times... .usually jokingly of

course.... .and once when someone thought my avatar showed me with short hair... 😜
I actually have a copy of it. I'll find it and post.

I at one time really liked JH. But in 1982 there were a lot of things floating around about him and Mrs. Nischik, and about DH. I had had some suspicions from when I had gone to Hammond to look at attending HAC. The man worship was so thick in the air it was nauseating. I went back home with an intense distrust of all things Hyles. Then while at MBBC, my then fiance and I were amongst a group of students whom JH was addressing while he was signing Bibles, JH said that we all needed to transfer from MBBC and go to HAC the next semester because Dr. Cedarholm was "losing his mind" (he was starting with dementia) and was bringing in Dr. Weniger from Calvary Baptist in Bloomington/Normal Illinois, and that this move would destroy MBBC. I lost any remnants of respect I had for him at that time. I never spoke to Hyles again.
That was another thing I saw. I had only been a Christian 3 years or so, but in my mind, I attribute it to the work of the Holy Spirit taking the little I knew of the Bible and saying in my heart, see, that's pride, that's arrogance, that's John 5:44 getting honor from each other. "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?"

That was another thing I saw. I had only been a Christian 3 years or so, but in my mind, I attribute it to the work of the Holy Spirit taking the little I knew of the Bible and saying in my heart, see, that's pride, that's arrogance, that's John 5:44 getting honor from each other. "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?"
I love how you attribute teaching from the Holy Spirit. Not something one hears from Baptists often.

Early in my discipleship, I recognized that IFBs were averse to teaching about the work of the Holy Spirit because of abuses by the charismatics.

When I got involved with CC, there was quite a gap in my understanding about the Holy Spirit. I've learned much in the past 20 years. I don't buy into everything I've seen and heard from CC, but I've learned enough to realize how my salvation and learning is vitally dependent on the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

View attachment 4990

Rice's grandson is a long-time member of the Baptist Board, John of Japan. Greek scholar. Seemed to me to know his stuff. Most of the stuff he posted seemed reasonable.

I learned he was Rice's grandson when I posted a thread using the title from this book. That was 24 years ago.

Rice's grandson is a long-time member of the Baptist Board, John of Japan. Greek scholar. Seemed to me to know his stuff. Most of the stuff he posted seemed reasonable.

I learned he was Rice's grandson when I posted a thread using the title from this book. That was 24 years ago.
The cover jacket of that book looks like it could have been illustrated by J.T. Chick.

I'm going to try to post something positive. Three good books I've read:

1. The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2. Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach

Go for it
I've been offered up to $5K for my copy of Voyle Glover's book on the Hyles trial....Also got some threats with that. Maybe I should list it on Amazon and see if I can get $10K and a stalker! LOL
Go for it!

Jack Hyles a sexual predator.
Ravi Zacharius a sexual predator.
Cliff Robinson a sexual predator
Jimmy Swaggart a sexual predator
Jim Bakker a sexual predator

Is there a pattern here?
Did I leave anyone out?

Jack Hyles a sexual predator.
Ravi Zacharius a sexual predator.
Cliff Robinson a sexual predator
Jimmy Swaggart a sexual predator
Jim Bakker a sexual predator

Is there a pattern here?
Did I leave anyone out?
You take people here too seriously.

Being a convert to Messianic Judaism, what prompted you to join this forum?

You take people here too seriously.

Being a convert to Messianic Judaism, what prompted you to join this forum?
I attended Tennessee Temple University in the early 1970s for a year and wanted to see the comments.
Theologically speaking there isn't much difference between Messianic Judaism and Christianity.