Greg Locke the "new" Billy Graham? Or worse?

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I believe Mr. Locke has been discussed on this forum before, and I believe that D.R. Harrison has as well.

This statement by Harrison's wife is very revealing and makes one wonder if spiritual discernment, or doctrine, is applied at all in this day and age.

Here is her post:

"It's no secret to anyone that Pastor Greg Locke and GVBC purchased the big blue tent within hours after our old tent had been destroyed by a tornado. It's no secret that Pastor Greg Locke is my husband's best friend, he is our Pastor and we are proud of him, Taisha Locke, his family, and GVBC. We love them and we are so thankful for how God is using them to wake up the church and prepare a remnant for what is to come. Even knowing that, it was perfectly ok to use the tent and sit under it every service until the Lord led DR to have Pastor Greg Locke preach under it for the Hope Conference in May. Even after knowing and seeing what all the Lord had done night after night under the tent, a "few men" chose to publicly cause chaos and division. My heart is broken for them, because EVERY PERSON will have to stand before the Lord and answer to HIM. How many more people could've been saved if not for "not liking or agreeing with someone." They missed out on the most amazing services, and in May at the 1st Annual Hope Conference under the tent where 130 people were saved, many were delivered, and healed! To God be the glory! Even through the many battles in LA, I can truly say it has been worth it all!"

So a man who committed adultery and destroyed his own family then marries the woman he committed the act with and remains the pastor of his church. Then not only is this man dabbling in doctrinal error and "fellowshipping" with the likes of apostate Benny Hinn, he now preaches for another evangelist, and scores are saved.

I think back to what Paula Hyles said about her then-husband, David Hyles after his adultery was discovered in Garland, TX (and I'm paraphrasing), "He preached one of the best messages I ever heard".

When Jack Hyles was "challenged" in his ministry and was removed from the Board of the Sword of the Lord, he preached at a meeting in Ft. Wayne Indiana with Curtis Hutson. The tension between the two was so thick you could see it! But I heard Jack Hyles deliver one of the finest messages I've ever heard.

So my question is this: If we rebel against this type of behavior and those who practice it, do we rebel against God Himself? Or are we correct to call out error and still rejoice when God appears to bless the works of those who are so wrong?

As a multi-brained alien, I confess that I get into arguments with myself about this and I need some guidance.

I believe Mr. Locke has been discussed on this forum before, and I believe that D.R. Harrison has as well.

This statement by Harrison's wife is very revealing and makes one wonder if spiritual discernment, or doctrine, is applied at all in this day and age.

Here is her post:

"It's no secret to anyone that Pastor Greg Locke and GVBC purchased the big blue tent within hours after our old tent had been destroyed by a tornado. It's no secret that Pastor Greg Locke is my husband's best friend, he is our Pastor and we are proud of him, Taisha Locke, his family, and GVBC. We love them and we are so thankful for how God is using them to wake up the church and prepare a remnant for what is to come. Even knowing that, it was perfectly ok to use the tent and sit under it every service until the Lord led DR to have Pastor Greg Locke preach under it for the Hope Conference in May. Even after knowing and seeing what all the Lord had done night after night under the tent, a "few men" chose to publicly cause chaos and division. My heart is broken for them, because EVERY PERSON will have to stand before the Lord and answer to HIM. How many more people could've been saved if not for "not liking or agreeing with someone." They missed out on the most amazing services, and in May at the 1st Annual Hope Conference under the tent where 130 people were saved, many were delivered, and healed! To God be the glory! Even through the many battles in LA, I can truly say it has been worth it all!"

So a man who committed adultery and destroyed his own family then marries the woman he committed the act with and remains the pastor of his church. Then not only is this man dabbling in doctrinal error and "fellowshipping" with the likes of apostate Benny Hinn, he now preaches for another evangelist, and scores are saved.

I think back to what Paula Hyles said about her then-husband, David Hyles after his adultery was discovered in Garland, TX (and I'm paraphrasing), "He preached one of the best messages I ever heard".

When Jack Hyles was "challenged" in his ministry and was removed from the Board of the Sword of the Lord, he preached at a meeting in Ft. Wayne Indiana with Curtis Hutson. The tension between the two was so thick you could see it! But I heard Jack Hyles deliver one of the finest messages I've ever heard.

So my question is this: If we rebel against this type of behavior and those who practice it, do we rebel against God Himself? Or are we correct to call out error and still rejoice when God appears to bless the works of those who are so wrong?

As a multi-brained alien, I confess that I get into arguments with myself about this and I need some guidance.
In the Hyles world it’s always all about the numbers!

Which is why Islam, the fastest growing religion, might actually be onto something.

😎

When I was young and "had not sinned" and was "better" than others, I thought Dr Graham was a compromiser. I can't believe that I looked down on someone like him that had done so much for so many. Now, If he were to walk into my room, my head would bow in reverence and I would become tongue tied (yes I know he's gone). Dr Graham wouldn't even allow himself to be in the room alone with a woman. And therefore, it's distressing to me to see his name in the same sentence with Greg Locke.

Last edited:
"Worse than Billy Graham" is something like "shorter than War and Peace" or "funnier than Psycho."

When I was young and "had not sinned" and was "better" than others, I thought Dr Graham was a compromiser. I can't believe that I looked down on someone like him that had done so much for so many. Now, If he were to walk into my room, my head would bow in reverence and I would become tongue tied (yes I know he's gone). Dr Graham wouldn't even allow himself to be in the room alone with a woman. And therefore, it's distressing to me to see his name in the same sentence with Greg Locke.
Greg Locke isn't even on the same plain when the name Billy Graham is mentioned. In fact, if you they are even compared to each other, there should be an apology made to Me. Graham for having a curse word being mentioned with it. Locke is a by word. Sick!

Here is her post:

Watch for am incoming message.

Greg Locke obviously has not walked as far away from his IFBx roots as we have previously been led to believe! He is very much a results-oriented, end justifies the means sort of guy and it appears he and Dave Hyles are two peas in a pod where it comes to having moral integrity!

Greg Locke obviously has not walked as far away from his IFBx roots as we have previously been led to believe! He is very much a results-oriented, end justifies the means sort of guy and it appears he and Dave Hyles are two peas in a pod where it comes to having moral integrity!
He's had twice as many wives as Billy Graham!

This is the reason people don't trust so called men of God. To me they are men that can sin at anytime. I don't put them above anyone else. I've never like Greg locke and Billy Graham was a man of God. Remember this is just my opinion.

This is the reason people don't trust so called men of God. To me they are men that can sin at anytime. I don't put them above anyone else. I've never like Greg locke and Billy Graham was a man of God. Remember this is just my opinion.
Mr. Locke has proven time and again he's unscrupulous, hateful, angry, argumentative, and doesn't value what the Bible preaches. He doesn't care whom, nor what he destroys with his anger and false gospel. He's got a cult following, not a church. If this offends some that's just tough. He caused a mini split at Franklin Road Baptist Church when he left there many years ago to start HIS Global Vision BAPTIST Church. Many who left other churches to help him build his following found out what he truly was and went back to the churches they had left and rejoined them. I was in one of the churches where several members left to help this "NEW" church. Guess they had itchy ears, like the Bible said. But, they were back within a year, disillusioned and upset that they had been duped. Then Locke left the Baptists because they were catching on to his flawed doctrine. His marriage faltered, he divorced, disgraced the name of Christ, yet took no time or discipline when he had all of these things going on. He married his childrens babysitter, a member of his church. I can't say he committed adultery with her during the marriage, but, I can say that it looked suspicious when he married her. It's just these many things that were the beginning of the questions by many. Now he's joined hand in hand with many who have unsound doctrine, has stated he was going to call out witches in his own church, etc., and has done everything he can to gain national notoriety. He's after wealth and fame, not sound doctrine and souls. This is MY opinion of the man, and that's not likely to change considering my interactions with him have been pretty bad.

Mr. Locke has proven time and again he's unscrupulous, hateful, angry, argumentative, and doesn't value what the Bible preaches. He doesn't care whom, nor what he destroys with his anger and false gospel. He's got a cult following, not a church. If this offends some that's just tough. He caused a mini split at Franklin Road Baptist Church when he left there many years ago to start HIS Global Vision BAPTIST Church. Many who left other churches to help him build his following found out what he truly was and went back to the churches they had left and rejoined them. I was in one of the churches where several members left to help this "NEW" church. Guess they had itchy ears, like the Bible said. But, they were back within a year, disillusioned and upset that they had been duped. Then Locke left the Baptists because they were catching on to his flawed doctrine. His marriage faltered, he divorced, disgraced the name of Christ, yet took no time or discipline when he had all of these things going on. He married his childrens babysitter, a member of his church. I can't say he committed adultery with her during the marriage, but, I can say that it looked suspicious when he married her. It's just these many things that were the beginning of the questions by many. Now he's joined hand in hand with many who have unsound doctrine, has stated he was going to call out witches in his own church, etc., and has done everything he can to gain national notoriety. He's after wealth and fame, not sound doctrine and souls. This is MY opinion of the man, and that's not likely to change considering my interactions with him have been pretty bad.
You nailed it, buddy!

Anytime I've had interaction with Locke he's been snotty, hateful, and not anywhere near being pastoral. I wouldn't recommend anyone go to HIS church...and that's exactly what it is. He has a "Jim Jones" type of personality, and his followers do as well.

Anytime I've had interaction with Locke he's been snotty, hateful, and not anywhere near being pastoral. I wouldn't recommend anyone go to HIS church...and that's exactly what it is. He has a "Jim Jones" type of personality, and his followers do as well.
Seems to me like Greg Locke went from IFBx to Anti-IFBx to making any average IFBx look like a "Lib'rul Suthren Babtist!"

What you are saying of Greg Locke reminds me of my one and only personal encounter with Jack Hyles when he signed my Scofield Bible!

Seems to me like Greg Locke went from IFBx to Anti-IFBx to making any average IFBx look like a "Lib'rul Suthren Babtist!"

What you are saying of Greg Locke reminds me of my one and only personal encounter with Jack Hyles when he signed my Scofield Bible!
I wouldn't let Jack Hyles sign my Bible I thought it might burst into flames if he touched it. Locke is ridiculous. There was just an article on the net about him being in trouble with Wilson County again for violating the building ordinances for state and Wilson County.