Grievous Wolves

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
In our church Sunday School hour this week we were studying Acts 20:29 - 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

The place where I go to church now most of them have never ran into a pastor such as WHBC. In their eyes most of these grievous wolves comes from those church members bent on splitting church. It took all I could not to just blast to everyone that most of this "grievous wolves" comes from the top down not the bottom up.

We also looked at the verses: John 10:12-13 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

I kept going back in my mind to WHBC. These that are in the place of leadership there are not only grievous wolves but also hirelings. They are only out for power, prestige, and money. It doesn't matter who they hurt in the process church members, good people, bad people, their family and even the name of Christ.

I am so happy to no longer be in a place such as this. Our pastor now does not stand in front of the church and spout about all the money he has given, or the millions of souls he has won on missions trips to deep dark Russia. He is humble, preaches the gospel, and does many behind the scene things that most don't know he is doing for one purpose and one purpose only.... to get the gospel to as many people as he can period!

Unless people have experienced a JAV or Jack Hyles, Schaap type of leadership all they can relate to is members being the wolves in sheep's clothing. They could not imagine a pastor being the danger.

In a sense it is kind of refreshing to hear about naïve members because they don't have a controlling pastor.

It is like a little child that has not been scared by the realities of the world.

TruthBearer said:
Unless people have experienced a JAV or Jack Hyles, Schaap type of leadership all they can relate to is members being the wolves in sheep's clothing. They could not imagine a pastor being the danger.

In a sense it is kind of refreshing to hear about naïve members because they don't have a controlling pastor.

It is like a little child that has not been scared by the realities of the world.
Sadly, I agree. Never thought that before our former pastor.

Act 20:17
17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

Act 20:30
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Yup.  Top down trouble, even among actual churches....ones that have elderS.

Anishinaabe