HAC grads in ministry

De Anda, Freddy
Iglesia Bautista Casa de Gracia
16931 S Park Ave
South Holland, IL 60473

I used to attend Spanish Church on Sunday mornings after Schaap became pastor.  I would rather have listened to Bro. Freddy preach in a language I couldn't understand than to hear the nonsense Schaap vomited each Sunday. 

McCurdy, Brandon
Mokena Baptist Church
9960 187th Street
Mokena, IL 60448

Didn't know him well, but we all knew of him because of the music tapes.  I think I heard his wife calling into a country music station one Sunday morning while I went to pick up my bus.  Of course...I was listening to the station as well!

Moore, Duston
Ravenswood Baptist Church
4431 N Seeley Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625

Good friend at HAC.  Worked close with him in Division 8 (his dad was Division leader.)  Very excited to hear that he now pastors.  I just hope his congregation never finds out some of what he said on night bus!

Randy Tewell-- Lighthouse Baptist Church, Theodore Alabama

Charlie Clark -- Atco, New Jersey

Cassada, Brian
LifePoint Baptist Church
2874 Monnier Street
Portage, IN 46368

Bro. Cassada became my Dorm Supervisor right before I graduated.  He gave me 90 offenses for a room check one day.  I cleaned my room spotless and had him recheck it.  He told me he was proud of me...but never reduced the offenses.  I graduated about 2 weeks later having never worked any of them off.  I probably got my name called out in chapel right after I left!

Gieseler, Jacob
Faith Bible Baptist Church
5388 Lippincott Road
Lapeer, MI 48446

His brother took me on his Division 1 bus route our first week.  Of course, I was heavily courted to join (as were all Freshmen.)  That night on the bus, a few guys preached on the evils of visiting one week and then quitting.  They said we were treating their bus kids like "whores."  When asked what I thought of the night bus that week, I said that I think some of those guys need to get saved.  Didn't have much contact with him after that.

Tastet, Eric
Sierra View Baptist Church
13600 Stead Blvd.
Reno, NV 89506

Eric was a "who's who."  (I was a who's that  ;))  We have very different ministry philosophies (I am Old Time Religion and he is new IFB), but I totally respect him.  He started a church and left a good paying job to take the church full time.  It continues to grow.  Again, might not be my cup of tea, but I could never complain about his character.

Schaap, Ken
Faithway Baptist Church
7904 3rd Street
West Chester, OH 45069

I was in the same class as his sister.  Ken came in as I was leaving. 

Holeman, Timothy
Grand View Baptist Church
990 N Pacific Hwy Ste B
Woodburn, OR 97071

Tim was John Francis' "Yes Man." (his own words)  Full of zeal.

Higgins Jr., Dennis
Faith Independent Baptist Church
3217 S 22nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145

Dennis and I sat by each other for Greek in Summer School.  He was selling Kirby Vacuums at the time.  Dennis is a very balanced preacher.  He is Old Time Religion but has overcome the more negative aspects of "fundamentalism."  Highly respect.

Beaudoin, Benjamin
Amazing Grace Baptist Church
715 St. John St.
Faulkton, SD 57438

Benji hired me to fuel busses on Wednesday nights.  Did you know that Diesel fuel freezes in the cold NW winters?  I would come in frostbitten for $5.15 per hour  :D :D :D

I believe Benji is now a "missionary/evangelist/circuit rider" to the Dakota's.  He recently called me up for support.

Chisgar, Paul
Rutherford County Baptist Church
5742 Seminary Road
Smyrna, TN 37167

I was at the service Bro. Paul surrendered to start a church in TN.

Shortly after I graduated, I visited his Church on a Sunday Night.  My friend and I had driven to Nashville for a Titan's game but wanted to attend services before the game.  Bro. Paul not only preached too long, but also observed the Lord's Supper.  We missed the whole 1st quarter.

A few years ago, Bro. Paul visited my church coming home from Vacation.  I told everyone the story and then made sure the sermon was extra long!

Kennedy, CW
Madison Street Baptist Church
901 N Madison Street
Athens, AL 35611

Good friends in school.  Worked very closely with each other in Division 8.  I preached for him recently....he didn't post my sermon to his website.  I don't know if it was because I said that not every form of "touching" should be considered sinful or because I sang a Bill Gaither song at the end (Something Beautiful).  :D :D :D

Mike Dinges - Pastoring somewhere in New Jersey

Scott Tewell - Rosedale Baptist Church, Maryland

Wayne Grissom - Missionary, not sure where.

cpizzle, thank you for your input and personal notes.  What years were you at HAC?

RAIDER said:
cpizzle, thank you for your input and personal notes.  What years were you at HAC?

I was at HAC from Fall of 1999 to January 2002.  I was in school for the Death of Dr. Hyles, September 11th, and the Music City Miracle.  I took 20 hours a semester plus summer school along with a semester of credits that transferred from the University of TN, so I finished up in 2 1/2 years.  When I graduated, Dr. Moore asked me if I was going to stay.  I said "no."  He said, "don't you have a bus route."  I said, "yes, back home."  ;D