Pastor Jack Trieber

North Valley Baptist Church & Golden State Baptist College

HAC Honorary Doctorate Recipients

Wally Beebe

sword said:
HAC Honorary Doctorate Recipient

Pastor Ron Talley (1979)

Hyles Baptist Church, Chesterfield, VA

I remember the name of the church, but I don't remember anything else about it.

sword said:

Ron (Patch the Pirate) Hamilton (1986)

I wouldn't have a problem with this one.

sword said:

Marleen Evans

Not big on this one.  I guess it is a home town award.

sword said:

Pastor Jack Trieber

North Valley Baptist Church & Golden State Baptist College

A worthy recipient.

HAC Honorary Doctorate Recipient - 1975

Mr. Bill Harvey - Doctor of Literature

Song leader, soloist, poet, and preacher

Honorary Doctorate Recipient - 1975

Mr. Terry Smith - Doctor of Divinity

Pastor of Longview Baptist Temple - the church grew from 60 to a high of 2175 in his 6 1/2 year pastorate.  He was reared in FBCH.

HAC Honorary Doctorate - 1975

Mr. Tom Smith - Doctor of Divinity

Pastor of Phillips Drive Baptist Chuch in Forest Park, Georgia.  During his 3 year pastorate the church has grown from 250 to a high of 2028.  He was reared in FBCH.

For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?

What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.

Dr. Jerry Prevo - Doctor of Divinity

Pastor of the Anchorage Baptist Temple in Anchorage, Alaska.  The church has grown from 300 to a high of 2210 during his 3 1/2 years as pastor.  It is the fastest growing church in Alaska.

rsc2a said:
For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?

What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.

Make sure you never compliment anyone.  I doubt you have that trouble anyway.

I have no problem complimenting folks. On the other hand, giving then credit for growing the church...

But, go ahead...celebrate what scripture clearly condemns.

Mr. David Wood - Doctor of Divinity

Started the Harbor Baptist Church of West Columbia, SC.  They have had a high attendance of 2081.

Dr. Dennis Streeter - Doctor of Humanities

He has been the physician for the college since its beginning.  He has lovingly given long hours of sacrificial labor to the college family.

Mr. Ed Rausch - Doctor of Humanities

He has been the Chairman of the Deacons for 15 years.

rsc2a said:
I have no problem complimenting folks. On the other hand, giving then credit for growing the church...

But, go ahead...celebrate what scripture clearly condemns.

Thanks for your permission.  It means a lot to me.

1 Timothy 5:17

"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine."

I've worked over a hundred hours in one week, many times.

Does anyone think I can get one?

Don't really keep up a lot with HAC or IFBdom, but thought an observation from my secular university might be relevant here in light of the idea that universities think having Phds makes them look better: my university went over 100 years with only 3 band directors. None of them had a doctorate. All 3, however, built a powerhouse of a band program, band director degree program and became fairly famous in the south for being among the best in the business. 4 years ago, they hired their first PhD band director who destroyed the program, stayed 3 years and then left band directing altogether. It's been a year. The University has been through two sets of finalists and there is rumor that once again, the finalist they are interested in might not be interested in them, creating a second failed search. All that to say this:  I'm not, personally, convinced that having a doctorate (even if legitimately earned at an accredited college) is really all that impressive. I wish, personally, that universities would hire people not based solely on the letters by their name, but also based on the accomplishments they have achieved professionally.