HAC is better than AOG

Vince Massi

Elect
Reaction score
I despise HAC, due to its deceit, falsified records, slanders, Ruckmanism, and other reasons. But when I was at HAC, I was taught not to quit, and to meet your responsibilities even if busy, sick, or tired.

Several years ago, an Assemblies of God college required its students to do evangelism every week, and some came to our church to help with the van ministry. Less than half showed up, and by the third week, they had all quit, and the college dropped the requirement a short time later.

HAC taught us better than that.

Vince Massi said:
I despise HAC, due to its deceit, falsified records, slanders, Ruckmanism, and other reasons. But when I was at HAC, I was taught not to quit, and to meet your responsibilities even if busy, sick, or tired.

Several years ago, an Assemblies of God college required its students to do evangelism every week, and some came to our church to help with the van ministry. Less than half showed up, and by the third week, they had all quit, and the college dropped the requirement a short time later.

I suppose - it's kind like of like saying that the 2-week 'flu is better than the 3-week 'flu.

Both are still pretty awful.

I live in Murfreesboro, TN.  I took an UBER yesterday and my driver told me she was from Chicago.  I told her I used to drive a Church bus in Chicago.  She said she used to ride a bus to a church in Hammond.  Who knows, I may have driven her once or twice!

Idealism teaches that "my" agenda is so important that any lie that strengthens my agenda is good, and any truth that weakens my agenda is false. But the Bible teaches us that we are to tell the truth.

There really was good at HAC.

Vince Massi said:

Yeah, because forcing others to engage in Spiritual activities to build a kingdom is God's Way for evangelism.  Continuing to do something because it is forced upon you is character-building and meritorious.  Never question authority.  Never question the system.  Never admit that you made a mistake and change course.  Force them little snot-nosed, bumpkin tuition payers to hit the streets for Jesus!  Can I get an Amen?

Holy Moley said:
Vince Massi said:

Yeah, because forcing others to engage in Spiritual activities to build a kingdom is God's Way for evangelism.  Continuing to do something because it is forced upon you is character-building and meritorious.  Never question authority.  Never question the system.  Never admit that you made a mistake and change course.  Force them little snot-nosed, bumpkin tuition payers to hit the streets for Jesus!  Can I get an Amen?

Yep that was how he had figured out how to build the Biggest Church in the World, for his dad.

Vince Massi said:
Idealism teaches that "my" agenda is so important that any lie that strengthens my agenda is good, and any truth that weakens my agenda is false. But the Bible teaches us that we are to tell the truth.

There really was good at HAC.

Again, for the record, I'm not denying that; and I know people who graduated from there who are wonderful, serving, godly Christians.

But that was in spite of the HAC teaching, and not because of it.

For each wonderful, godly person I know  from there, I know ten prideful people and/or pastors who think that the church they pastor is all about THEM.

I think that HAC was been more of a force for harm than for good, at least in the leadership realm, but that's just my opinion based upon a relatively small sample.

But as much as I say negative things about HAC & Hyles, they both had admirable traits: Hyles was very generous to people, and he was a master at using words.  HAC taught a lot of people to work hard and to be truly committed to a purpose.  Many people go through life and never really get challenged to be committed.

Deja vu:

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/hyles-anderson-college/haccers-rule!/

Vince Massi said: