Hackermobiles!!

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
What model of automobile did you drive when you were a HAC student?  If you remember detail let us know.

*As always, one entry per post!

1980 Honda Civic station wagon.

1984 Honda Accord 4 door...Best car in the world at the time!
Got wrecked into up on my bus route by an illegal alien.
I had two cars at the time.
My wife was driving my other car, but she was sitting in the Honda as me and 2 other guys  were trying to gain access into  her car b/c she locked the keys in it.
As she was sitting in my Honda, I noticed somebody swerving back and forth up the road towards us.  The car was hitting parked cars as it swerved, and he was heading to my Honda with my wife sitting inside it.  Before I could do anything about it, he hit my Honda in the rear quarter panel and continued on swerving.  It was during a snow storm, so I couldn't get the drunks license plate.  So I ran and caught up with the drunk, grabbed a hold of the bumper and skiied behind the car, wiped the snow off the license plate, released myself from the car, wrote the license number down on my trusty 3x5 card and called Addison's finest to report the hit and run!
They caught the guy a few hours later, passed out and parked in somebody's yard.
No insurance, but at least I was paying for uninsured motorist, so I got a check to pay for the damage.
And, believe it or not, I didn't pay City Baptist bills with the reimbursement money,
I didn't duck tape and wire the bumper back on...
I fixed the car!!!!
If that isn't proof of my lack of Hackeress, I don't know what is!

1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

16KJV11 said:
My wife was driving my other car, but she was sitting in the Honda as me and 2 other guys  were trying to gain access into  her car b/c she locked the keys in it.
As she was sitting in my Honda, I noticed somebody swerving back and forth up the road towards us.  The car was hitting parked cars as it swerved, and he was heading to my Honda with my wife sitting inside it.  Before I could do anything about it, he hit my Honda in the rear quarter panel and continued on swerving.  It was during a snow storm, so I couldn't get the drunks license plate.  So I ran and caught up with the drunk, grabbed a hold of the bumper and skiied behind the car, wiped the snow off the license plate, released myself from the car, wrote the license number down on my trusty 3x5 card and called Addison's finest to report the hit and run!
They caught the guy a few hours later, passed out and parked in somebody's yard.
No insurance, but at least I was paying for uninsured motorist, so I got a check to pay for the damage.
And, believe it or not, I didn't pay City Baptist bills with the reimbursement money,
I fixed the car!!!!

The most important bit of information that I got from this is that you had a 3 x 5 card.

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
I fixed the car!!!!

The most important bit of information that I got from this is that you had a 3 x 5 card.
Oh yes! That is precisely why I mentioned it!

Arrived driving a 1973 Plymouth Barracuda & drove it until the salt & rust killed it.

Then a HACker who sold cars at a dealership in IL sold me a Chevy Nova & I drove that until it rusted out.

Left driving an old rusted out Ford station wagon for all the kids we had then.

RAIDER said:
What model of automobile did you drive when you were a HAC student?  If you remember detail let us know.

*As always, one entry per post!

1966 Oldsmobile F85. Bought at buy here/pay here lot owned by FBCH member. Paid $338 including taxes and tags. $175 down and $25 week. Went to make last payment and they had gone out of business. Car was in accident when visiting in East Chicago for the 100,000 day in 1976. Last time it ran was on election day to the Holiday Inn where Billings election campaign was located.

1976 Toyota Celica. Bought from Terry McCormick and sold to Kirk Beard shortly before I left Hammond.

Left town in a 1966 Pontiac Catalina.

1981 - 82 -- 1980 Chevy Chevette
1982- 83 -- 1981 Plymouth Saporro
1983 - 84 -- 1981 Ford Mustang

Back in the 70's when I arrived a large majority of the preacher boys were former military who already had families and so you saw a lot of "beaters" for cars . Spme 5 years ago I was in the area for a funeral and I drove by the parking lot and noticed a lot of newer model cars. That wasn't the case when I was at the college .

pbuckhunt said:
1981 - 82 -- 1980 Chevy Chevette
1982- 83 -- 1981 Plymouth Saporro
1983 - 84 -- 1981 Ford Mustang

I realize you are a rookie, but you converted 3 posts into one.  That is a no-no on the HAC FFF.

In the beginning, somebody advised us to buy used station wagons. Their transmissions were usually in good shape, and because they were gas guzzlers, they were cheap. I bought one for $200 that lasted almost two years.

We didn't pay to repair them--we often abandoned them and bought another one.

I don't remember the year of the vehicle, but my first car at HAC was a Ford Maverick. 

RAIDER said:
I don't remember the year of the vehicle, but my first car at HAC was a Ford Maverick.
With three on the tree?

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
With three on the tree?

It was actually an automatic.