Had enough

Saved by Grace

Elect
Reaction score
IN my humble opinion as someone who went there the biggest problem at WHBC has been PRIDE.
*too proud to admit they are wrong
*too proud to admit they dont know everything
*too proud to thinks that God's handbook isnt enough so they have to add in more rules that fit their plans
* too proud to think that pulpit is for beating and whipping Christians, rather than contending for the faith.
*Too proud to think that rules of gossip and slander apply to other Christians and are not applicable to them.

It has never been the core doctrine, never been about them taking a stand against blatent wickedness. Thats all good but if we have pride God cant get the glory out of that. Pride has ruined nations, kinks, pastors, common folks alike.

Saved by Grace said:
IN my humble opinion as someone who went there the biggest problem at WHBC has been PRIDE.
*too proud to admit they are wrong
*too proud to admit they dont know everything
*too proud to thinks that God's handbook isnt enough so they have to add in more rules that fit their plans
* too proud to think that pulpit is for beating and whipping Christians, rather than contending for the faith.
*Too proud to think that rules of gossip and slander apply to other Christians and are not applicable to them.

It has never been the core doctrine, never been about them taking a stand against blatent wickedness. Thats all good but if we have pride God cant get the glory out of that. Pride has ruined nations, kinks, pastors, common folks alike.

You got it right there.

The saddest part is that it wasn't even the church members that had this problem for the most part. It was those in leadership and even then it wasn't even all of those in leadership just a few main ones that kept everyone else under their thumb.

I agree with you. There were SEVERAL staff members and church members that were a blessing to me and I made alot of friends while in college, learned a lot of life lessons ( yes when i went there I had a lot of growing up to do yet ). It was fun until certain omniscient staff members used people for their own gain to strike fear on the rest.  :)

Anyone know what became of Coach Hazewinkle?

Binaca Chugger said:
Anyone know what became of Coach Hazewinkle?

They had moved to Florida where he taught school and wrestling at the school that is associated with PCC. His son Sam wrestled for the US in this most recent summer Olympics.

How long was he actually there?  I considered going there because of his skill set.  Ended up at HAC

Binaca Chugger said:
Sorry.  How long was he at obc

I do not know exactly how long.  I do not know when he first came to WHBC but I believe he left in the early 90's

Thanks.  I never could figure out how coach H got messed up with that crew.  Why take your talents to such a place?

Binaca Chugger said:
Thanks.  I never could figure out how coach H got messed up with that crew.  Why take your talents to such a place?

You have to understand that initially when Dr. Vineyard came to OKC everything we know now was not so apparent at that time. So it was easy for people to get mixed up with it. The thing is that once a person realized the wrong they left. So yes a lot of good people were mixed up with it for a time.